Finchy wins the biathlon

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done to Richard Finch but did he need to compete in the swimming leg.

It was soooo funny and even he saw the funny side, still £300k and I would have laughed as well.
I thought you were supposed to jump in the water AFTER you had won

B

birdieman

I can't explain this but I've watched it a few times and it looks almost deliberate, he gets the ball away, knows the shot is on the green, seems ok, there's a decided pause, then he decides to slip down the river bank into the water - maybe he just wanted to be more famous and feature in A Question of Sport etc?

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Birdieman i agree, its almost like his PR man said to him, "do you know what would be great here? if you fell in the water we could make loads off the back of it"

Dont get me wrong, it was a fantastic golf shot and with his momentum i can see how how he fell in. Had it of been earlier in the round i'm sure he would have chosen to stay dry.

What a player though, he played some awesome golf this weekend.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very deliberate, How often do you see a pro fall off balance? Not very, Funny though!

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think it was genuine. I can't remember the on-course commentator at the time ( Richard Boxall maybe ??? ) but he said , before Finchy even took his shot , that if he played for the green with a full swipe , he would be so off balance that he would end up in the drink. Look at the steepness of the bank and his feet position.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
True but there is no attempt to try steady him self at all, he just falls backwards without putting his out out to keep balance, if need be, he could of fell forwards! or to his right!

Good T.V though, and it will be a shot people watch for years to come!

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
That WASN'T deliberate, if he had intended to fall in, he would have made it more dramatic. He definately overbalanced and the only way to go was that way.

Have you tried falling to the right when your momentum is sending you left?

wilf_74

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Very much not deliberate, Great shot, He concentrated so much on giving it the full treatment as he said he needed to hit it hard that lost it and went in.

I think he would have dived in if it was deliberate, say like Drogba or Andy Johnson. :p