Finals tactics help

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was nervous on front hole and shot very 1st stroke oob. The starters phone went off just before I swung... Not blaming him it was an honest mistake just bad luck with the timing but instead of stepping away and taking my time I snatched at it and walked off with an 8 to start the round. Weirdly it focused me more to fight back to level HC on 1st 9. I also duffed about 5-6 shots, was unlucky with another shot stopping on a tree stump at a part of the course where usually is ok so just feel it wasn't meant to be.

To feel like I played awful but still managed to shoot under HC is a positive though. So don't feel I choked just know I can easily improve and have more shots in me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I was nervous on front hole and shot very 1st stroke oob. The starters phone went off just before I swung... Not blaming him it was an honest mistake just bad luck with the timing but instead of stepping away and taking my time I snatched at it and walked off with an 8 to start the round. Weirdly it focused me more to fight back to level HC on 1st 9. I also duffed about 5-6 shots, was unlucky with another shot stopping on a tree stump at a part of the course where usually is ok so just feel it wasn't meant to be.

To feel like I played awful but still managed to shoot under HC is a positive though. So don't feel I choked just know I can easily improve and have more shots in me.

Shame about the first. Well battled but we all leave shots out there. Part and parcel of being a handicap golfer sadly. If you didn't feel you choked and can improve then surely it's all good after a winter of hard work. Any idea what you think you're capable of for next year, or do you think there's a lot more left to come in 2016

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think it's definitely in me to have 1 good round or 2 decent rounds to get down to 17. I would hope I could chop a 0.3 off to ensure I don't go back up to 19. Still loads of work on all aspects of my game and with a wee one on the way next year will be harder to get chopped as much but I'm at a level now that I'm not embarrassed by my HC.