Films

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Barbie. Very funny, witty, sad and uplifting.
Watched Barbie last night with Mrs and daughter (28). Was not at all what I imagined it would be like I.e. something simply cartoonish for little girls, but it addressed much bigger issues that girls and women have…hence the 12 rating, and so was much more enjoyable and watchable than I thought it’d be.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Equaliser 3.

Strong in some areas but really weak in others. Watchable I guess but glad I didn’t go to the cinema, paying out, to watch it.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Elemental is awful. Pixar don’t actually have a great hit rate, they’ve made a few stinkers over the years and this is another.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem is brilliant. Great visual style following where Spiderverse has led, but also good humour and character. Just good fun and very pretty to watch.

Gremlins. A childhood favourite, still mostly holds up, the puppetry and practical fx are still amusing and believable.

Asteroid City, a huge disappointment. I’m a Wes Anderson fan but this film is a mess. Almost perfect in style but badly structured with confusing plot and purpose. Shame.

(Yes, it was a very wet weekend mostly stuck indoors)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Elemental is awful. Pixar don’t actually have a great hit rate, they’ve made a few stinkers over the years and this is another.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem is brilliant. Great visual style following where Spiderverse has led, but also good humour and character. Just good fun and very pretty to watch.

Gremlins. A childhood favourite, still mostly holds up, the puppetry and practical fx are still amusing and believable.

Asteroid City, a huge disappointment. I’m a Wes Anderson fan but this film is a mess. Almost perfect in style but badly structured with confusing plot and purpose. Shame.

(Yes, it was a very wet weekend mostly stuck indoors)
Is the Turtles film on streaming.

Such a shame about Pixar. Started out with hit after hit but have been poor for so long now

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just got back from date night with Missis T.

Watched The great escaper. We both loved it.

A very good film with very good acting.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
just sat and watched the expen4bles - same as the previous 3 but with Megan Fox.

she has a very memorable scene at the end of the film