Films

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Marvel quest continue.

Marvel Avengers, solid enough film 8/10
Thor The Dark World, got a bit cheesy for me and not a great watch 5/10
Iron Man 3, more of the same, half decent and a good 7/10
Captain America The Winter Soldier, really enjoyed this one despite CA seemingly getting duffed up by some inferior opponents 8/10
Guardians Of The Galaxy, fell asleep first time I watched it years ago, was almost nodding off last night again. Terrible ultra cheesy film, it doesn’t seem to fit in with the Marvel story at all apart from I recognised one of the bad guys from Captain Marvel although I thought he was good in that film ?
4/10

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Marvel quest continue.

Marvel Avengers, solid enough film 8/10
Thor The Dark World, got a bit cheesy for me and not a great watch 5/10
Iron Man 3, more of the same, half decent and a good 7/10
Captain America The Winter Soldier, really enjoyed this one despite CA seemingly getting duffed up by some inferior opponents 8/10
Guardians Of The Galaxy, fell asleep first time I watched it years ago, was almost nodding off last night again. Terrible ultra cheesy film, it doesn’t seem to fit in with the Marvel story at all apart from I recognised one of the bad guys from Captain Marvel although I thought he was good in that film ?
4/10
You don't like Guardians :eek::eek::eek:. The music, Groot, the interplay. My favourite of all of the Marvel films (although I don't like Kurt Russell in G2, I'll give you that :D)

I think one of the joys of Guardians is that on the whole it doesn't fit in the whole Marvel story. It does, infinity stones, Thanos etc. but actually they are standalone films and you don't need to have seen any others to know what is happening. I don't like the overlapping on the whole so I liked this.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
You don't like Guardians :eek::eek::eek:. The music, Groot, the interplay. My favourite of all of the Marvel films (although I don't like Kurt Russell in G2, I'll give you that :D)

I think one of the joys of Guardians is that on the whole it doesn't fit in the whole Marvel story. It does, infinity stones, Thanos etc. but actually they are standalone films and you don't need to have seen any others to know what is happening. I don't like the overlapping on the whole so I liked this.

No mate I properly hated it, couldn’t wait for it to be over so I can get back to proper Marvelly stuff ?
Wish I’d missed this one and the second one out as it adds nothing to the overall story that I’m aware of, still we’ll plough on and watch the 2nd instalment tonight.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I liked Guardians, thought it got the balance of comedy and action right. But then Chris Pratt is just great. And Groot was class in that one as you say. And Drax's oneliners are top notch.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
wow surprising to read somebody who doesnt like GOTG... prob one of the best of the marvel movies. didnt enjoy GOTG 2 as much personally but still guardians is a master piece

On cap. he will always get knocked down but the point is steve rodgers always gets back up. "I can do this all day"

my fav avenger is either him or thor.. cant stand iron man.. he is far too overplayed in marvel (because its RDJ) I wont ruin future films by saying what but it does seem to be like it becomes without him certain avengers couldnt be what they were but they are (in the comics) heros in their own rights and need to get him to get in his lane.. hes a B side hero at best in the comics but because of who plays him the whole universe is built around him. Annoys the hell out of me.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’d also say Iron Man is my least favourite, not only is his character extremely annoying he’s not really a super hero, he’s just a normal bloke with a flashy suit ?

The first Iron Mna films was one of my favourties but the other 2, not so much. Enjoyed the Winter Soldier and Guardians as well. Cannot say I have really loved any since Endgame 9and even then, I preferred the first part). Shang Chi was good for about 2 thirds until it hit the inevitable CGI ending. None of the new heros really appeals as much now but hoping for good things with Blade.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’d also say Iron Man is my least favourite, not only is his character extremely annoying he’s not really a super hero, he’s just a normal bloke with a flashy suit ?

Much like batman. He is the pound shop batman ..

He isn't a superhero no he is a hero

But diff is he so up himself he announces it lol Wayne doesn't

Also batman is a tiny bit more realistic.. if you had enough cash could happen.. iron man just got far fetched .. I mean see the batman .. basically his car is a muscle car and his suit is body armour

Iron Man made a nuclear reactor for his chest ...

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK here is a film description that I never thought I would see, an animated, child friendly remake of Blazing Saddles but that is what Paws of Fury is on Sky Cinema. No, it is not a good film but it has enough moments to while away 90 minutes on a Sunday afternoon. Worth the watch just to see how you make Blazing Saddles age and context appropriate.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
RRR

Fictional story of 2 Indian revolutionaries fighting the British Raj in the 1920s.

Absolutely tremendous action film, some unbelievable scenes, reminiscent of John Woo at his best. It's 3 hours long and subtitled, but it absolutely flew by. Can't recommend it highly enough. Available on Netflix.

RRR stands for Rise, Roar, Revolt btw.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Finally got round to watching Bohemian Rhapsody, having reignited my interest in all things Queen by going to see them with Adam Lambert a few weeks ago. Tremendous film - enjoyed every minute of it. And given my movie attention span is generally that of a goldfish, that’s a big vote of confidence for a film, I can tell you.