Films

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Eternals. Bad, it was so bad ?. The lead had no personality, few of the characters made you care about them. The story I suspect is for comic aficionados only. As a film is was overlong, dull, lacking in character or interest.

Considering how many films marvel have made it was a surprise that they had not had a complete duffer up to this point. That run has come to an end. Avoid.

Considering nobody cared about the comics .. nobody even remembered them .. I am not surprised at all

Always the way aswell oh you had someone super powerful could stop thanos. They did nothing

It's like when Nolan wrote the dark Knight trilogy he made it clear when superman came out years later it was different universe or timeline as if superman was around that film would have been about 10 mins

Oh you got a bomb? It's gone now. Your welcome

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Considering nobody cared about the comics .. nobody even remembered them .. I am not surprised at all

Always the way aswell oh you had someone super powerful could stop thanos. They did nothing

It's like when Nolan wrote the dark Knight trilogy he made it clear when superman came out years later it was different universe or timeline as if superman was around that film would have been about 10 mins

Oh you got a bomb? It's gone now. Your welcome
Haha, yeah I even saw in the trailer they put a throwaway line in blagging it. "Why didn't you stop Thanos?" "We were ordered not to interfere blah blah" Whatever mate.

Last edited:

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haha, yeah I even saw in the trailer they put a throwaway line in blagging in. "Why didn't you stop Thanos?" "We were ordered not to interfere blah blah" Whatever mate.

I mean I will watch it eventually but I won't be rushing

Loads of people are like we'll guardians didn't look good.. difference is that was a good comic and had humour

This looks pony ..

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am a comic fan and hte Eternals does not even appeal to me. Marvel are a bit stuck at the moment. Comics as a whole (certainly in the family friendly category) are pretty similar and so Marvel are faced with keeping producing what they have been or try some of the more out there stuff, which is never going to have a wide appeal. They are even running out of new, mainstream, characters that will resonate with the general public.

If the next phase of films are not as big, I can see a rush to get the X-Men and Fantastic Four up and running.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am a comic fan and hte Eternals does not even appeal to me. Marvel are a bit stuck at the moment. Comics as a whole (certainly in the family friendly category) are pretty similar and so Marvel are faced with keeping producing what they have been or try some of the more out there stuff, which is never going to have a wide appeal. They are even running out of new, mainstream, characters that will resonate with the general public.

If the next phase of films are not as big, I can see a rush to get the X-Men and Fantastic Four up and running.

Yeah this is exactly my way of thinking

They did well with iron man.. a proper b side comic they transformed him into the main hero .. annoyed me a bit

However eternals? ... Yawn

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I mean I will watch it eventually but I won't be rushing

Loads of people are like we'll guardians didn't look good.. difference is that was a good comic and had humour

This looks pony ..
Guardians is an example of how you take a group of characters from scratch, mould them together, add a story, make a great film. Eternals is quite the opposite. Whoever wrote or directed Eternals should be made to sit and watch Guardians on loop for 48 hours to show them exactly where they went wrong.

The Bollywood Eternal and his valet, his own description, could join Guardians. The rest are for the bin.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah this is exactly my way of thinking

They did well with iron man.. a proper b side comic they transformed him into the main hero .. annoyed me a bit

However eternals? ... Yawn

The other thing is that, unlike other franchises, they are trying to produce 3 or 4 films a year, just too many as ,though the characters differ, the subject matter is oftern very similar. Not sure where I would go from here. Actually enjoying the TV series more than the films at the moment. Interesting to see how Hawkeye starts off in a couple of weeks.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The other thing is that, unlike other franchises, they are trying to produce 3 or 4 films a year, just too many as ,though the characters differ, the subject matter is oftern very similar. Not sure where I would go from here. Actually enjoying the TV series more than the films at the moment. Interesting to see how Hawkeye starts off in a couple of weeks.

And Spiderman returns ... Etc

They launched the ring guy

Why on earth try this rubbish? We got Dr strange etc

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
And Spiderman returns ... Etc

They launched the ring guy

Why on earth try this rubbish? We got Dr strange etc

Agreed, not really sure why they are even trying with this stuff, did they not learn when the Inhumans tanked. Then again, this may just be build up to something else to come later.

Not sure how to feel about the next Spiderman film. Interesting to bring in the previous iterations and bad guys from other franchise attempts but part of me feels that this may be jumping the shark.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agreed, not really sure why they are even trying with this stuff, did they not learn when the Inhumans tanked. Then again, this may just be build up to something else to come later.

Not sure how to feel about the next Spiderman film. Interesting to bring in the previous iterations and bad guys from other franchise attempts but part of me feels that this may be jumping the shark.

And for anyone who has not seen it, the animated Spiderman film is on terrestrial TV this week I think. Forget that it is animated, best Marvel film in years (I know it was a Sony one, but Marvel Characters).

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Personally I'm looking forward to it

Opening the multiverse is more of where it should be going rather than trying to launch eternals

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Personally I'm looking forward to it

Opening the multiverse is more of where it should be going rather than trying to launch eternals

Will certainly still watch it, it may be the film that gets me back to the cinema as still a little nervous about it.

That said, Ghostbusters Afterlife may get me back there first.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Haven't seen the Eternals yet but did finally watch Shang-Chi last night and found it very so-so. One of the poorer MCU movies. Didn't hate it but found it just so formulaic.

Agree they need to get the FF and X-Men in there but they've been so poorly done in the past that it's going to be real challenge to do them justice and remove that baggage.

Moon Knight series looks promising and I keep hearing rumours they're going to bring DD and the Kingpin from the Netflix series into the MCU. Hope that pans out.
If you found Shang-Chi so-so then really don't bother with The Eternals. I'm on a mission to save people from the misery I endured watching it ?.

Eternals is a poor mans Shang-Chi (I actually enjoyed Shang-Chi to be fair)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We watched Red Notice over the weekend. As an action comedy it was obviously far-fetched and completely ridiculous, with plenty of plot holes and a twist that makes you go "oooooooh... wait, what?" But I'm a fan of Reynolds and The Rock so it was still a good laugh.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
We watched Red Notice over the weekend. As an action comedy it was obviously far-fetched and completely ridiculous, with plenty of plot holes and a twist that makes you go "oooooooh... wait, what?" But I'm a fan of Reynolds and The Rock so it was still a good laugh.

Watched this last night and thought it was awful.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Haven't seen the Eternals yet but did finally watch Shang-Chi last night and found it very so-so. One of the poorer MCU movies. Didn't hate it but found it just so formulaic.

Agree they need to get the FF and X-Men in there but they've been so poorly done in the past that it's going to be real challenge to do them justice and remove that baggage.

Moon Knight series looks promising and I keep hearing rumours they're going to bring DD and the Kingpin from the Netflix series into the MCU. Hope that pans out.

Rumour is strong that DD is in the new Spiderman film (though just as Matt Murdoch to start). Kingpin will be in the new Hawkeye series starting on Wednesday.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finally watched The Suicide Squard last night. Cannot remember how it was recived at the time but I really enjoyed it. Basically an 18 rated Guardians of the Galaxy but James Gunn does that so well. Hoping he can do another one of these once Guardians finishes after the third film. Looking forward to the Peacemaker TV show now.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ghostbusters, mixed reviews. My wife thought it was meh, I enjoyed it more. Slow to get going but enjoyable once it does. Plenty of nostalgic nods to the original films which will satisfy the older viewer, it did me anyway.

A 7.5 out of 10 from me, 6 out of 10 from my wife.