Films

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The Mule - Clint Eastwood Stars and directs, not bad, not your usual drug cartel film, but a decent watch.

Been a Clint fanboy since first seeing Fistful of Dollars when I was about 10. Taken me a while to get round to this, finally watched it last night. I actually quite liked it, certainly not the usual sort of film you associate with him, but a simple story well told, and he still has that on screen charisma, even at 90. If you aren't an Eastwood fan, or don't really know his films, it may not be much of a film in todays world, there's no action, but that's what makes the simple story engaging. Personally thought it was a good watch.

On a Clint note for anyone interested, he's just made a new film "Cry Macho". Looks like it might be in a similar vein to The Mule, without the drugs, but has apparently been stuck in development for a very long time (originally written in 1975).

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-news/clint-eastwood-cry-macho-trailer-1208486/

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been a Clint fanboy since first seeing Fistful of Dollars when I was about 10. Taken me a while to get round to this, finally watched it last night. I actually quite liked it, certainly not the usual sort of film you associate with him, but a simple story well told, and he still has that on screen charisma, even at 90. If you aren't an Eastwood fan, or don't really know his films, it may not be much of a film in todays world, there's no action, but that's what makes the simple story engaging. Personally thought it was a good watch.

On a Clint note for anyone interested, he's just made a new film "Cry Macho". Looks like it might be in a similar vein to The Mule, without the drugs, but has apparently been stuck in development for a very long time (originally written in 1975).

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-news/clint-eastwood-cry-macho-trailer-1208486/

need to see it. I rewatched Gran Torino the other month for firts time since release in 2008 - and that is, i believe, one of the best films ever made

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched ”the way I see it” which is the White House photographer Pete Souza’s work and why he was or did react to the trump twit feed … but it’s just incredibly in depth about Obama …

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Green Book (again), really good film.

Boss Level on Amazon Prime, quite enjoyable mix of Groundhog Day and Ede of Tomorrow, with a great theme tune that I haven't heard in 25 years or more

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Without remorse on Amazon Prime. Cane across more like an extended pilot episode of a TV series than a film. It was harmless enough but really nothing to write home about.