Films

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We watched Guns Akimbo on the weekend. Starring Harry Potter as an internet troll who gets two guns bolted to his hands by bad guys and has to deal with repercussions of that. A kind of gory action comedy. I would file it under 'so bad it's good', it was alright and filled an hour and a half.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Jolt on Amazon - ridiculous but quite entertaining (we didn't turn it off after half an hour, so that's our benchmark)

Proper brain out movie. I turned it off when halfway through and finished it later. Worryingly its set up for a sequel.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Proper brain out movie. I turned it off when halfway through and finished it later. Worryingly its set up for a sequel.
Completely - the plot was easy enough to understand. Totally agree re the likelihood of a sequel.
Do enjoy seeing Ms Beckinsale kicking butt though - I don't think I've seen her in a film where she does any actual acting

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Soul. Disappointing, easily the weakest Pixar film I've seen.

Really? Enjoyed that film.

We have watched this week

Cruella
Space jam 2
Black widow

Space jam was a what the hell ride lol but brought back memories of the first

Cruella brilliant

Black widow half way through but so far just a film about a supporting character rather than a proper hero unlike the captain marvel film which I can't wait for the second

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Cruella
Space jam 2
Black widow

Cruella brilliant

Black widow half way through but so far just a film about a supporting character rather than a proper hero unlike the captain marvel film which I can't wait for the second
Black widow gets better. For me the sister steals the show, she is brilliant.

Soul, too much of the animation was flat, black and white. That was dull for me, not interesting. The scenes of piano playing were superb, there was just not enough of it.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

I am in a phase where I just have one of those older movies on and actually watch it rather than just having it on.
This came along on teh TV, I have 'seen' it plenty of times, but not sure I ever seen it all the way in one go.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We watched The Dead Don't Die the other night. Had a great cast, including Bill Murray, Adam Driver, Danny Glover, Tilda Swinton, it's a zombie comedy type of thing which admittedly has been done to death (no pun intended) but I thought the cast would make it decent. My God, it was terrible. So so bad. It had some promise, then it was as if the writer got bored and/or drunk and just tanked the end of his own script on purpose. So disappointing, absolutely no pay-off at the end at all, just a mess of stupid ideas that didn't work. One to avoid.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Cruella
Space jam 2
Black widow

Cruella brilliant

Cruella yesterday, definitely brilliant and the cinematography was amazing.
watched the Gentleman and really enjoyed that as well