Films

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cardboard Gangster on Netflix. Irish local gang rivalry film. I had to turn on subtitles as the Irish accent was so thick. Not bad.

Trying News of the World with Tom Hanks tonight.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have managed to squeeze in, between watching poxy Bridgerton, a couple of half decent films...
News of the World with Tom Hanks a gentle PC take on the western genre...
The Judge with Robert Duvall, Ironman and Billy Bob... A really good watch more than worthy of its 7+ IMDb rating...

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We really enjoyed watching This Happy Breed (1944) - this evening - recorded from Film4 couple of weeks back. If its on again we can recommend it. Story of a London family between WW1 and WW2 and fascinating insight into home-life and attitudes of the times with really interesting views of London (Clapham) in technicolour.

Last edited:

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Watched To Olivia on Saturday night, the story about Roald Dahl’s oldest daughter who died off measles.
A complex movie, judging by the story it’s something that he never got over, I thought there would be a bit more about his story writing as it was books I read growing up.
Definitely worth a watch in my opinion.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched Tenet on Saturday. Completely daft concept and plot where you just need to stop even trying to understand it and blindly accept the film's internal logic I think. Had some good action scenes and good acting performances. I think I'm getting too old for films I have to concentrate on though. Inception was child's play compared to this.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
The Italian Job (remake). With Marky Mark.

Never seen it before, but it was on twice over the weekend and I watched it twice. Probably won’t remember much of it but was entertaining.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Watched Larry Olivier's King Lear (1983) last night...dug up on YouTube - I can go back and re-read it now that I know what it's all about...not that it's a bundle of laughs...

D

Deleted member 16999

Some “classics” some “new”

Here is a full list of the movies being added to Amazon Prime in March 2021:

Ghostbusters II - March 1
Lion - March 1
Rogue - March 1
The Hooligan Factory - March 1
The Breakfast Club - March 1
The Witches - March 1

Argo - March 3

The Lincoln Lawyer - March 4

Hall Pass - March 5
Inception - March 5
The Mule - March 5
Backtrace - March 5

Magic Mike XXL - March 8

Edge of Tomorrow - March 10

Aquaman - March 12
Life in a Year - March 12
Domino - March 12

The Lucky One - March 14

Babe: Pig in the City - March 15
Hotel Transylvania 2 - March 15

The Senator - March 19
Papillon - March 19
War with Grandpa - March 19

Get Hard - March 21

*batteries not included - March 22

How to Be Single - March 23

The Notebook - March 24

Feedback - March 26
Call Me by Your Name - March 26
Chick Fight - March 26
The Bounty Hunter - March 26

xXx - March 28

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I care a lot. Actually quite enjoyed it despite being really annoying in parts. Scary premise and wouldn't be surprised if it was based on fact. Worth a watch on Amazon Prime.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Coming 2 America. Not going to win any oscares but a reasonable, low budget stocking filler in the vain of (but no way as good as) the original. A 5.5 on IMDB sums it up - and worth watching given the dearth of alternatives atm