Films

D

Deleted member 1147

great film James - have you seen the sequal? I haven't yet but have it ready
Yes, I've seen all 3 - I had a bit of a Hong Kong period when I was a member of the old Love Film scheme.
The sequal and prequal are both good, but not a patch on the original.

For A Better Tomorrow is another good series.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
We watched Greenland last night.
Good exciting film with a few twists along the way.
I watched this the other day. Mix of good, corny and intensity, leaving me with a sense of foreboding about our place in the universe.

Speaking of intense, A Vigilante on Amazon was a good, but hard, watch. Topic was domestic abuse and her road to revenge and redemption. Not the happiest of film, yet well done.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Gentlemen on Prime, enjoyed it.
Did anyone else e who watched it thought Hugh Grant had modelled his character with a touch of Ricky Gervais ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fantasy Island. Schlock horror loosely based on the old tv series. Not really a horror, I don't do horror, with some nice nods to the past. A particularly good closing scene for those who remember.

When we are scraping the barrel for film to watch right now this was not the worst

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I love Kubrick's Barry Lyndon but never been able to persuade my Mrs to watch it. However...given how much she enjoyed watching Bridgerton I think she might now be convinced it's worth watching. And as I recently recorded it...:)

It truly is a great and especially beautiful looking film. As some comment about it - there are so many scenes that you could pause, take a snapshot, and you'd have something like a Gainsborough painting.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Guvnors, an old v new street gang low budget film. Simple, sweary and a reasonable watch.

Sabotage. DEA thriller with Arnie Schwarzenegger.

Last edited: