Films

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
forgot to reply to the last film thread, went to see Big Hero 6 with the kids last weekend, very very good. Something for everyone in it, my 2,5,7 yr olds all loved it (as did I). Its going to be big!!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
forgot to reply to the last film thread, went to see Big Hero 6 with the kids last weekend, very very good. Something for everyone in it, my 2,5,7 yr olds all loved it (as did I). Its going to be big!!

yup, my 8 yr old said "best film...ever!" wanted to go back the next day. Even daddy enjoyed it (I want microbots)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Django Unchained - a bit old I know but only just saw it a couple of weeks ago, an excellent film.

I tried that but gave up after an hour. I just find the Tarnantino style too violent and nasty. I know the subject matter was not pleasant but he seems to enjoy it too much. It is uncomfortable viewing and I don't watch films to feel uncomfortable. A shame as I know many rate it highly.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know what you mean but it's a strange thing to be worried about considering your username and avatar?

Can't argue with that. I do wince at times during GoT but somehow I can deal with that. Maybe it's the combination of endless f words plus violence in QT films that put me off. It doesn't make sense, I accept that.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tried to watch The Zero Theorem the other day. It was a standard Terry Gilliam film in that I don't get it, don't care for it and watched something else after 20 mins. Not my bag as they say.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just been to see Kingsman:The Secret Service.

Completely non-nonsensical almost childlike storyline, yet lots of swearing and Mr Darcy fighting like a ninja whilst fully suited and booted with his umbrella in tow.

Absolutely loved it! Flamin great fun!

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site

Completely non-nonsensical almost childlike storyline, yet lots of swearing and Mr Darcy fighting like a ninja whilst fully suited and booted with his umbrella in tow.

Excellent. Sounds like something I will be seeing then. Far to many films disappearing up their own fundamentals it's nice to see something that is just fun. Felt Guardians of the Galaxy was one of those types.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Grand Budapest Hotel

10/10 for me

Cracking farce from start to finish.

Every single character is superb. Not an easy thing to achieve with such a large cast.

Fiennes is in Career best form IMO
Brilliant, brilliant fim

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I thought Foxcatcher was superb. Gritty, realistic and with all three main actors worthy of award. It built serious tension and was all the better for it.

Theory of Everything was an acting masterclass, what a performance and was hilarious and sad in equal measure. They catch Hawking's cutting wit perfectly whilst also showing the tragedy without making you pity him too much.

Going to see Whiplash next week, already looking forward to it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Saw it yesterday. Totally agree. Morally dodgy, v graphic violence but a bucket load of fun. My wife would hate it, my son and I loved it. Definitely a 15 though, in case anyone is thinking of taking a younger child.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

Havent seen it but the clips reminded me of the Avengers..........but on speed!