Films

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Agree - Think Jason Clarke is a very good actor - enjoyed a lot of films he has been in

Also agree on the suggestions of Guardians of the Galaxy - thoroughly enjoyable movie

very pleasantly surprised how decent that was- good actors- decent story- great effects. and a sequel being made.:thup:

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Saw Whiplash yesterday and it was brilliant. I don't like jazz and if you said I would enjoy a film based around jazz drumming then I would have said you are mad. But I can't recommend it enough. And the teacher guy will win an oscar for his role. Guaranteed.

D

Deleted member 15344

very pleasantly surprised how decent that was- good actors- decent story- great effects. and a sequel being made.:thup:

I hope its great - sequels always worry me

Anchorman 2 perfect example - awful film

D

Deleted member 15344

yup, Taken 2 was also poor in comparison- heard Taken 3 seems better.

Always struggle to think of too many sequels that are good movies - prob Terminator 2 ?

Havent seen Taken 2 or 3

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
yup, Taken 2 was also poor in comparison- heard Taken 3 seems better.

Wouldn't disagree with that.

The Imitation Game was also excellent, well worth a watch; I'd be interested to know how much was truth & how much was fiction.

Off to watch American Sniper later…...

D

Deleted member 15344

Godfather Part 2 :thup:, and Star Wars 2nd one :thup:- Return of the Jedi I think, trekkies will no doubt keep me right

No idea about the Star trek ones but Empire Strikes Back was second

Never seen the Godfather Films.

Friend saw American Sniper the other and is a massive movie buff - loved it

Off to see EX Machina on Wed - has got very good reviews - like the look of Kingsman and Theory of Everything

D

Deleted member 15344

Wouldn't disagree with that.

The Imitation Game was also excellent, well worth a watch; I'd be interested to know how much was truth & how much was fiction.

Off to watch American Sniper later…...

Is that the Benedict Cumberbatch film ? another film that looks impressive with good reviews

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Recently saw Walk Amongst the Tomstones. Not bad but dont expect Taken style film.

The Wolf of Wall Street is the best ive seen in the last month.

still not seen it- started it twice at stupid o clock and fel asleep in 10 mins each time

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Guardians of the galaxy or raid 2.

Love Guadians of the Galaxy. Great bit of humour in it. Also nice to see a glimpse of the Disney/Marvel future with it. Big Hero 6 just cements thats future as looking bright. Big Hero 6 is a brilliant film and I predict the big toy next Christmas could be Baymax if they release an interactive one.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just back from American Sniper; another brilliant film & a tragic story.

Now seen 5 of the 8 Oscar nominated best films and could make a case for all 5 of them, but for me Eddie Redmayne should still pick up the best actor on what I've seen, & I doubt I'd be persuaded to change my mind if I saw all the other nominees, such was his performance.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Love Guadians of the Galaxy. Great bit of humour in it. Also nice to see a glimpse of the Disney/Marvel future with it. Big Hero 6 just cements thats future as looking bright. Big Hero 6 is a brilliant film and I predict the big toy next Christmas could be Baymax if they release an interactive one.

Next year should be even better. If they get the Civil War storyline right in the third Captain America film then it will be epic. That said I am unnaturally excited about Age of Ultron in a couple of months. Looking far darker

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Under The Skin and Grand Budapest Hotel are my two favourite films in recent months. UtS is a difficult watch but an extraordinarily emotive and unusual film.

Lucy on the other hand is the worst thing I've seen in a few years.