Films

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really enjoyed Maverick. Mate booked a private screening for £200 so cost us about a tenner each but so worth it to have a quiet screen for just 20 people

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Anyone seen Everything, Everywhere All At Once?

Incredible piece of film making. Totally original, brimming with ideas, lots of "WTF?" moments and a good bit of humour. 2 hours 20 minutes flew by.

It will definitely divide opinion. When we came out, the wife said "what did you make of that?". I said it was fantastic, she said she wasn't sure whether it was total rubbish or absolute genius!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Incredible piece of film making. Totally original, brimming with ideas, lots of "WTF?" moments and a good bit of humour. 2 hours 20 minutes flew by.

It will definitely divide opinion. When we came out, the wife said "what did you make of that?". I said it was fantastic, she said she wasn't sure whether it was total rubbish or absolute genius!
The hard bit now is finding a cinema showing it. I've checked Vue and it is not there up to Thursday. Another poster said similar to you and it sounds interesting enough to search it out. Thanks for that ?

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Jurassic World Dominion with the family. Comfortably, the worst of the newer trilogy possibly the worst of the lot.

Weirdly, the dinosaur CGI seems to have got worse, and they seem to have turned Apple CEO Tim Cook into the main bad guy.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jurassic World Dominion with the family. Comfortably, the worst of the newer trilogy possibly the worst of the lot.

Weirdly, the dinosaur CGI seems to have got worse, and they seem to have turned Apple CEO Tim Cook into the main bad guy.

That is what my 12 year old said. I thought the movie was OK, but would have benefitted from some judicious editing, say another 30 minutes worth.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jurassic Park, the new one. Stop it, no more please. Loads of nods to the original but they looked tired rather than sweet. Messy story, bit of a Bond chase, set pieces, usual dinosaur stuff. Oh, and a t.rex fight at the end ?.

My mood may not have been helped by the moronic mum who brought her kid to watch the film with the noisiest wrapped sweets she could possibly find. The bag made a noise, unwrapping the sweets made a noise ?. Obviously, being British I simply seethed silently (she looked nails ?)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jurassic Park, the new one. Stop it, no more please. Loads of nods to the original but they looked tired rather than sweet. Messy story, bit of a Bond chase, set pieces, usual dinosaur stuff. Oh, and a t.rex fight at the end ?.

My mood may not have been helped by the moronic mum who brought her kid to watch the film with the noisiest wrapped sweets she could possibly find. The bag made a noise, unwrapping the sweets made a noise ?. Obviously, being British I simply seethed silently (she looked nails ?)

This is why I was so happy to find out that it is not that expensive to hire a full screen. £150-£200 on a Friday night. 20 of us saw maverick. Tenner each, whole screen to ourselves, heaven

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is why I was so happy to find out that it is not that expensive to hire a full screen. £150-£200 on a Friday night. 20 of us saw maverick. Tenner each, whole screen to ourselves, heaven
We go to the cinema quite a bit, Vue £5 a pop plus meerkat 2 for 1, and normally people are pretty good. Tonight was painful though, truly painful.

That sounds ridiculously cheap. I'd never have thought of ever doing that.