Films

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Peanut Butter Falcon.

Watched it last night, good script, mildy comedic bromance road (boat) movie, budding friendship of a runaway special needs guy and a drifter in trouble with the local goons who takes him under his wing.

7.5/10.

I saw this on a plane and really enjoyed it, a solid 8.5, may be even a 9 from me.

U

User62651

I saw this on a plane and really enjoyed it, a solid 8.5, may be even a 9 from me.

Perhaps, I have a really stinking head cold (first bug since covid), only 2 days in and OD'ing on lemsip may have clouded my judgement.:oops:

D

Deleted member 16999

Peanut Butter Falcon.

Watched it last night, good script, mildy comedic bromance road (boat) movie, budding friendship of a runaway special needs guy and a drifter in trouble with the local goons who takes him under his wing.

7.5/10.
Cheers guys, really enjoyed it, I’ll be the diplomat and give it an 8. (y)

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sweeny, the last one with Ray Winston, enjoyed it but not a patch on the original with John Thaw and Denis Waterman. Might have to try and find a source for them.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Read a list of "hidden gems" to watch on Netflix yesterday. Went to watch one last night- comedy called "Sleeping With Other People", except it's not on Netflix, at least not the UK available films ?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Watched the original Le Mans prior to rewatching Le Mans 66 when it comes out this weekend on Sky.

'twas okay, script didn't take a lot of learning.
I watched this last week as well. I reckon it's about 35 minutes in before you hit any dialogue. There's an interesting documentary about it too on iPlayer. It's a film that nearly broke Steve McQueen.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
The Good Liar. The plot seems all a little too obvious at the start, albeit amusingly comedic, but takes a very dark twist and with an ending that you wouldn’t expect. Very good performances from Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen.

Le Mans 66 booked for Sunday.
I'd agree with this summary. We watched it the other night and whilst the performances were good. We knew there'd be a twist, we just couldn't agree on what it would be. But you could see a twist coming from a mile off.