Feeling Old! Think it just hit me!

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Now I'm 32 years young! Fit, healthy and I do love life in that I like to seek a thrill.

I often go out with my mates but we've got into the habit now of frequenting a few bars then heading home about midnight. Well last night was the leaving do for a young girl at work who is off to train as a midwife, shes only 22 but a nice lass who works closely with my team so when invited to go along and bid farewell I thought why not and went along with 2 guys in my team.

Nice strarted well we went to Maidstone few of us headed for a Nando's, then went to a nice little pub so far so good, but then it happened! We went off to a place called strawberry moons which I can only describe as 3 floors of dry iced filled darkness, playing music of which 2/3 I'd never heard of and was filled with clones! Seriously every guy had the same TOWIE style hair cut and clothing, and the girls the same but female version! It was in that moment I thought I'm too old to be here! I stood out like a sore thumb as my jeans weren't as tight as a pair of leggings on an elephant and I wasn't wearing the what seemed compulsory white shirt and grey blazer!

Have to admit managed to show the young pups a few moves obviously and outlasted them all to still be there at closing as it was nice to be out with some of the guys from work, but can't see me ever doing the 2am finish with the youngsters again! Where does this sudden feeling of being to old to be somewhere creep up from!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think i remember that happened to me about 45years ago . When they start saying "excuse me mister" then you know your too old.ENJOY WHILE YOU CAN.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Feelign old at 32! the first time age hit me was when I turned 60 and I soon got over it.

btw, you dont do moves anymore, you throw some shapes. :)

bangaio

Medal Winner
Visit site
2am finish? You amateur. I've just tipped into 35 and still manage the odd all nighter, half the clubbers you see are im their 30s these days. You are only as old as you feel, maybe you just need to go somewhere cooler than a TOWIE wannbe hang out!

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Now I'm 32 years young! Fit, healthy and I do love life in that I like to seek a thrill.

I often go out with my mates but we've got into the habit now of frequenting a few bars then heading home about midnight. Well last night was the leaving do for a young girl at work who is off to train as a midwife, shes only 22 but a nice lass who works closely with my team so when invited to go along and bid farewell I thought why not and went along with 2 guys in my team.

Nice strarted well we went to Maidstone few of us headed for a Nando's, then went to a nice little pub so far so good, but then it happened! We went off to a place called strawberry moons which I can only describe as 3 floors of dry iced filled darkness, playing music of which 2/3 I'd never heard of and was filled with clones! Seriously every guy had the same TOWIE style hair cut and clothing, and the girls the same but female version! It was in that moment I thought I'm too old to be here! I stood out like a sore thumb as my jeans weren't as tight as a pair of leggings on an elephant and I wasn't wearing the what seemed compulsory white shirt and grey blazer!

Have to admit managed to show the young pups a few moves obviously and outlasted them all to still be there at closing as it was nice to be out with some of the guys from work, but can't see me ever doing the 2am finish with the youngsters again! Where does this sudden feeling of being to old to be somewhere creep up from!

did similar a couple of years ago back home went into a club with a few mates, bought a round in (pints) turned to view the club and dancefloor, finished our (disgusting) pints, left and haven't I been in a nightclub since! I'm only 30 now and we felt ancient then compared to some in there!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
54yr old. Had a night out in Brum with the guys from work just before Xmas... I've got children older than I saw out that night.

I was on pints... what the ... is a Jagerbomb? When they started on that sort of stuff I headed back for the hotel with a couple of other mature guys and sampled the malts.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
54yr old. Had a night out in Brum with the guys from work just before Xmas... I've got children older than I saw out that night.

I was on pints... what the ... is a Jagerbomb? When they started on that sort of stuff I headed back for the hotel with a couple of other mature guys and sampled the malts.

I'd have been with you!

Grumps

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Know the feeling only 46 but I now think seriously about a session as I know the wee man will be up about 5am and he doesn't understand the "I've got a hangover so get Back to bed "