Favourite open champion?

U

User62651

Probably Padraig Harrington for me, that duel with Garcia at Carnoustie 2007 was pretty epic I recall and then him defending the following year showing it was no fluke. Was such a good putter for a few years then.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Probably Seve, though Watson winning the duel in the sun was the best open, and I was playing a lot at that time, so couldn't get enough golf on the tv.

Tony Jacklin winning the open was the first time I took any notice of golf as a kid.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Canny believe no one has said Jack, or is everyone on here under 40 :whistle:

Jack was my hero as a wee boy and always has been.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Probably Seve, though Watson winning the duel in the sun was the best open, and I was playing a lot at that time, so couldn't get enough golf on the tv.

Tony Jacklin winning the open was the first time I took any notice of golf as a kid.

Crikey! You are very old

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ernie Els

Was at Muirfield for his first win where I lived up there then moved down to the NW and he won at Lytham. Watched them both, what a swing.

Outside of him it would have to be Paul Lawrie, wasn't at Carnoustie but in the pub in Edinburgh, place was going bananas during the play off.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Seve's 88 win.One of the best final rounds ever, remembering watching his duel with Nick Price. great stuff. Followed by Stenson's

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's been so many great Opens its hard to nail it down. Been a Faldo fan for as long as I can remember, 18 pars to win, his meltdown then possibly the best final 4 holes to snatch it then him breaking down at the end. How can you not like the chip and run between 2 bunkers of Seve, the car park shot, and also the iconic celebration at St Andrews. Duel in the sun Watson and Nicklaus, Trevino chipping in all over the place, Normans 64/65?? in howling gales at St Georges and also the more recent duel of Stenson and Mickelson. Never been a Tiger fan but 2000 at St Andrews and his course management at Hoylake as well. But for me it has to be Ben Curtis.

:thup: