Favourite club in your bag?

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Everyone has a favourite club in their bag.

At the minute for me its my TaylorMade r5 D, I’ve tried loads of other drivers recently but can’t find any other that gives the same distance and consistency.

Topper_Harley

Medal Winner
Visit site
Torn between my antique original Ping Anser putter and my new Lynx Predator driver. They both enable me to look like a half decent golfer - just a shame that my iron play is all over the shop at the moment, which quickly shatters the illusion

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
It has to be my steelhead Callaway 3 and 5 wood - just feels so good, confidence-inspiring and rarely goes wrong But my new acquisition - an utility - has thrown my into confusion because out of stubborness i don't want to let my 3-iron out the bag (once every 3 months i hit a stunner!) so i keep taking the 3 or 5 out....argh!

golfdonkey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Best club in the bag is my 6-iron (TaylorMade rac). For some strange reason I can't hit the 8-iron though. Beginning to think it might be me...

swingstar1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
got to be the driver - nothing like splitting a fairway with a great tee shot

I have a Titleist 905R Aldila NV shaft - great club

that said I do love my 60 degree wedge (Taylor Made RAC black) and putter (Scotty Cameron Newport 2)!

....if only I could hit my irons

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Definitely driver - Titleist 905T with Graffaloy blue shaft. I like it so much that I'm prone to using it even on holes where driver really isn't the right club selection.

For me a sign of a good golf course is when you can use your driver on most of the par 4s and all of the par 5s. Do people agree?

chipnswing

Visit site
Wow, some cool clubs fellas. It struck me though that another question could be "most used club in your bag?" I have a terrible feeling that mine might be that sand wedge!! :D

Topper_Harley

Medal Winner
Visit site
Sand wedge for me too. I very rarely use it apart from within a trap. I mainly use my pitching wedge, nine or eight from around the greens and even for fuller approaches. I know lots of players that use their sand wedge all the time from 80 yards in but I feel much more comfortable using other clubs - what about anyone else?

That said, when my driver loses its radar and my irons are misbehaving there's no telling how many bunkers I'll find myself in - so on certain days it could be the one club I use the most!

swingstar1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I know I'm changing my tune but I do like hitting a good approach shot with a wedge - getting it really close from 100 yards and in does make you feel like a pro!