Fake ping g30

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Photos would help.

Close-up of serial number, heads (both sides) grips (if original).

Where/how did you acquire them?

And what were the Pro's actual comments. Were they in response to a statement of where you got them?

Ryancutts

Visit site
All the clubs have matching serial number (A0G6119) and they have been passed onto me through my girlfriends dad unsure as to where he got them and the pro made the comment because the head broke off my 7 iron on the range and he walked up looked at them and went they broke because there fake them and it wont let me upload the phones saying its too large of a file

D

Deleted member 29109

Contact Ping customer services and give them the serial number.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
D

Deleted Member 1156

All the clubs have matching serial number (A0G6119) and they have been passed onto me through my girlfriends dad unsure as to where he got them and the pro made the comment because the head broke off my 7 iron on the range and he walked up looked at them and went they broke because there fake them and it wont let me upload the phones saying its too large of a file
Do you mean the shaft snapped or the actual clubhead broke? If its the shaft that can happen to any club, doesn't mean it's a fake.

Reactions: Doh

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My garden is littered with broken shafts now used a plant supports. Breaking a shaft at a range is quite common because you are hitting into a very solid surface rather than soft earth.

One problem you have is that if it is a Ping only shaft such as a CFS it will only be repaired by Ping so has to go back to them. They will tell you if it is fake and if yes would not return the club.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

the head broke off....??

Did the head simply fall off the shaft?....if so it is likely that the epoxy bonding head to shaft has broken down....possibly due to heat....certainly not an indication of being counterfeit.

Did the shaft sheer right at the point where it meets the hosel of the head?....maybe poor finish of internal part of the hosel (roughness) causing wear at the point where the shaft enters the hosel.....could be a manufacturing issue which could be down to them being counterfeit....could also be simple metal fatigue of the shaft

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've had my Ping G30's over 6 years now. Bought through AG. All Graphite shafts.
Definitely not counterfeit.
I've had the head break off twice on my G30 7 iron and once on my 6 iron. Also got splinters where the shaft was fitted into the Wedge head.
I noticed the splinters after about 2 years and took it back to AG who returned it to Ping who repaired it without charge.
The head snapped off the 7 after about 4 years use and the club pro fixed it. It snapped off again about 3 months later. The club pro fixed it again but I had to get a donor club off ebay to get a matching shaft.
Then, a couple of months ago I thought I'd give the 6 a go off a tee on a par 3 and the ball went great, while I was admiring it I heard a thud in front of me and it was the head falling from the sky. Agh!
I've not bothered having the 6 repaired as they'll be going up for sale soon as my new G425's turn up (only been 5 weeks so far)
They really haven't been abused in the time I've had them, but decided to go with steel shafts on my new ones, however, changed my mind on the fitting though, after trying some of the Alta graphite shafts.