Fairways Indoor Golf Arena

TigerTime

Visit site
Has anyone used this facility in Coatbridge before?

Particularly interested in using a launch monitor for an hour or so so I can get carry distances for my clubs. Doesn't seem to be a similar facility nearby me in Edinburgh. Kinda hoping I could just book the use of the Trackman for an hour and not a lesson but website isn't really clear!

https://fairwaysindoorgolfarena.co.uk/

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site

Particularly interested in using a launch monitor for an hour or so so I can get carry distances for my clubs. Doesn't seem to be a similar facility nearby me in Edinburgh. Kinda hoping I could just book the use of the Trackman for an hour and not a lesson but website isn't really clear!

Yes I've used it before and yes, you can book the Trackman for 1hr without having a lesson.

Not sure if they're re-opened yet or not with all the Covid stuff going on.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Why not just book in with a local pro for a gapping session?

Must be a good number of Edinburgh based professionals who have a studio with trackman or similar that you can use.

TigerTime

Visit site

Must be a good number of Edinburgh based professionals who have a studio with trackman or similar that you can use.

I'm already seeing a pro for lessons, and he is fully booked up for the next month. I was hoping to get the gapping done within the next week as I have a few rounds coming up soon.

I wouldn't want to go see another pro and end up getting confused. This place allows me to use Trackman for £15 for an hours use to get the data I need.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm already seeing a pro for lessons, and he is fully booked up for the next month. I was hoping to get the gapping done within the next week as I have a few rounds coming up soon.

I wouldn't want to go see another pro and end up getting confused. This place allows me to use Trackman for £15 for an hours use to get the data I need.

A gapping session has nothing to do with a lesson

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Generally costs you about three times as much. I booked an indoor golf studio for an hour early this year, they show you how to use the software, and it's very easy to do a gapping session by yourself then. They email you the data afterwards. I don't think you really need to pay more to have a pro there.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site

Yeah been up a few times, they are now a part of my home club have a small pro shop, there closed just now but I'll ask next time im up and see when it's reopening,
I'm sure you will find something not to far from you that you can book some sim time,
Remember hitting balls in the booth compared to on course distances are quite different