Fairway Woods...

James

Hacker
Visit site
Morning lads, here again looking for some pearls of wisdom...

I'm looking for a 3 wood to hit off the tee. I've given up on the idea of a driver for now in favour of something more forgiving. I've tried a 2nd hand g2 3 wood at the range for 75 quid. Its well used but hits range balls consistently 200 yards straight. Trouble is, its very second hand ! Battered in fact...

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on what i should be looking for ? I don't want to break the 75 quid barrier, is there anything out there i should have my eye on ? I've just bought a hippo ng2 putter, its ace, should i be looking at hippo 3 woods ?

Eternally grateful as always... james

James

Hacker
Visit site
Sorry lads, just had one more thought... I'm looking for a decent pair of shoes as well. Again don't want to break the bank, I'm particularly keen on the Nike SP 3.5's but trying to find a size 11 is like tracking down hen's teeth... As ususal any help will be greeted warmly...

Nice one... j

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
The Hippo Houdini fairway woods are definitely worth considering in the price range you’re talking about- I’ve hit them and they are pretty impressive. The Ram Fx9 CG Tour fairway woods are also a really good buy for about 60 quid.

James

Hacker
Visit site
Cheers Paul, i'll look into these...

I'm really seduced by the ping but like i said its absolutely battered. BUT i hit it straight and long...

damn this game...

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
James you might want to have a look around for a second hand Callaway Steel Headed Big Bertha 3-wood. They are classic clubs, sit and feel beautiful and I have found them really reliable. They are also still used by a number of pros despite being a bit old!

James

Hacker
Visit site
I hit a callaway last week at the range... my local pro shop has got a second hand one in for £99. Alittle bit more than i wanted to pay at the minute but you are right, they still hit a great ball...

Thanks trueblue