Fairway wood

feary

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hey all,
I'm getting some money for christmas and birthday and i'm going to buy a 3 wood. I currently have a Nike SQ Dymo (round head) 4 wood. It is in a regular but i have since been custom fitted for a stiff. I also want a more penetrating flight to maximise yardage as my 4 wood tends to balloon a bit. So I don't really have a clue what to get. I was looking at maybe the titleist 909F3. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a 3 wood. It would need to be good off primarily the deck, but if it has a nice penetrating flight it might get used off the tee.
Cheers

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd have a chat with your pro. You've had a stellar year to come down so well and so make the most of pro advice. Otherwise go back to the C/F place and see what they recommend. Personally I'd look at the I15 3 wood which is slightly stronger loft wise (14 or 14.5 from memory) and which may help your flight.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is a difference between ballooning and high flight. If the ball is ballooning, it has too much spin due to the nature of the shaft and/or head. The same wood in stiff would possibly be fine.

If you want a good fairway of another make, the Titleist 909 should be available at decent prices now, and the new 910 has a range of over 80 shafts available through custom fit, and if you can't find one there, you probably can't be fitted.