Facebook Help!

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
There should be a small arrow at the right hand side of their post , click on it and it gives you options to unfollow them but still remain friends.

Yes, but then you don't see anything they post. I'd like to see anything they actually write, just not a stream of consciousness when they decide to stay up all night "liking" everything the internet can throw at them!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just checked and think you can set up a friends list - so create a list and chuck them all in there. Then you can select "Manage List" and untick any items you don't want to see?

I don't have enough friends to make it a problem :)

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just checked and think you can set up a friends list - so create a list and chuck them all in there. Then you can select "Manage List" and untick any items you don't want to see?

I don't have enough friends to make it a problem :)

It's not that I have loads of friends.... it's one teenage relation, in particular, who keeps going on a frenzy of "liking" all manner of rubbish that nobody over the age of 18 can possibly have any interest in. But I don't want to unfollow her and risk missing her own posts. I've already blocked loads of her favourite sites so I don't see anything she likes on those but I just can't keep up.....

So I just want to tell it to stop showing me anything that she only "likes", but keep showing me anything she actually types... However I think that goes against Mark Zuckerberg's business model so I am struggling.

My other facebook dilemma is that since I updated my relationship status to "engaged" all the ads I get are for fairytale wedding guff and I'd like to get the rubbish golf ads back. I'm thinking about backtracking on the relationship status but wonder what friends and family will make of that one! (Will warn the fiancée in advance, seems prudent!)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think you could make her (relation) a list of 1 and then select to not see her "likes/follows"?

As for the relationship status - it would be fun to see who asks you first "what happened?!" if you did change it :)

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think you could make her (relation) a list of 1 and then select to not see her "likes/follows"?

As for the relationship status - it would be fun to see who asks you first "what happened?!" if you did change it :)

Excellent. That almost does what I want but annoyingly they have lumped comments and likes in together so you can't just block the likes.

Do they get told when you add them to a list?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Excellent. That almost does what I want but annoyingly they have lumped comments and likes in together so you can't just block the likes.

Do they get told when you add them to a list?

I don't think so...pretty sure not...

Ditto the congrats by the way :cheers:

D

Deleted member 15344

It's not that I have loads of friends.... it's one teenage relation, in particular, who keeps going on a frenzy of "liking" all manner of rubbish that nobody over the age of 18 can possibly have any interest in. But I don't want to unfollow her and risk missing her own posts. I've already blocked loads of her favourite sites so I don't see anything she likes on those but I just can't keep up.....

So I just want to tell it to stop showing me anything that she only "likes", but keep showing me anything she actually types... However I think that goes against Mark Zuckerberg's business model so I am struggling.

My other facebook dilemma is that since I updated my relationship status to "engaged" all the ads I get are for fairytale wedding guff and I'd like to get the rubbish golf ads back. I'm thinking about backtracking on the relationship status but wonder what friends and family will make of that one! (Will warn the fiancée in advance, seems prudent!)

Congrats Kaz :thup: :whoo:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Many congratulations Karen!

It'll be a big wedding what with all us forummers being invited :thup:

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

If you really want to get tongues wagging set it to 'its complicated'. Works every time!:D

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the congrats folks, was a couple of months ago now. I'm only starting to realise the full horror of organising a wedding!

Reception venue with a golf course to facilitate a 100 strong forum meet ?? Whats so difficult ? easy peasy

ok your probably each going to want to have a few family there so if they are not golfers maybe karting or spa day .. easy