F1 2021

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
His speed was too great to make the ideal line? Haha, you are a joker. He missed the outside of the bend by about 10 yards, let alone the apex. He either knew what he was doing, or is an awful driver. Either way, it isn't acceptable to be put others at risk just because you are that incompetent in taking a corner
You need to go and drive .. then learn the margins these guys work in .. and keep the personal comments out of this.

Swango1980

Visit site
You need to go and drive .. then learn the margins these guys work in .. and keep the personal comments out of this.
Funny, the other drivers are able to.stick to tighter margins. If we all have to go and drive an F1 car before we are allowed to comment, then we might as well scrap this forum. None of us would be allowed an opinion.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The only question you have to ask yourself is would Lewis have made the corner if Max wasn't there? If yes, then it's Max's fault, intentional or otherwise.
Even the commentator said he forced Lewis wide.
I just hope that unpunished move doesn't set a precedent.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The question I keep asking myself is if Lewis was ahead of Max going into the corner, why not move across and take the track, preventing Max going past? The answer that I keep coming up with was that he wasn’t fully ahead otherwise he’d have done it.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The question I keep asking myself is if Lewis was ahead of Max going into the corner, why not move across and take the track, preventing Max going past? The answer that I keep coming up with was that he wasn’t fully ahead otherwise he’d have done it.
Exactly that.. Hamilton pushed Max and was sounding him out plus seeing if he could force a lock up .. it’s all part of the game.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Funny, the other drivers are able to.stick to tighter margins. If we all have to go and drive an F1 car before we are allowed to comment, then we might as well scrap this forum. None of us would be allowed an opinion.
Opinion is one thing but being derogatory to other forum users is out of order.
Throughout this thread you have let your emotions cloud your opinions, I think we all know your a Hamilton fan, and no problem with that.

Swango1980

Visit site
Because, to take the corner Hamilton had to break. That meant Max would have rammed into the side of Hamilton, as Max decided he wasn't going to break.

Swango1980

Visit site
Opinion is one thing but being derogatory to other forum users is out of order.
Throughout this thread you have let your emotions cloud your opinions, I think we all know your a Hamilton fan, and no problem with that.
Fair enough, I'm a Hamilton fan. And I certainly have no love for Verstappen. But, if that is your counter against my argument, then there is no point is arguing the point. You might as well discuss it with neutrals, many of whom also believe Max was a lucky boy.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fair enough, I'm a Hamilton fan. And I certainly have no love for Verstappen. But, if that is your counter against my argument, then there is no point is arguing the point. You might as well discuss it with neutrals, many of whom also believe Max was a lucky boy.
Your argument is flawed .. you are incorrect because your judgement is clouded by your Hamilton love or you actually misunderstand motorsport

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Because he had not shut the door .. Max took the space and then ran them both wide as he is entitled to do.
But he’s not entitled to do it in the way he did. He clearly forced another car to leave the track and then kept his position whilst doing the same.

Other drivers have been given penalties this season for much less.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But he’s not entitled to do it in the way he did. He clearly forced another car to leave the track and then kept his position whilst doing the same.

Other drivers have been given penalties this season for much less.
FIA would have reviewed post race , and made a judgement.. Mercedes would appeal if they have an issue. Then retrospective penalties would be applied.. none of the latter has happened, it’s judged to be a fair move by the ruling body, so all of our opinions are irrelevant. It’s now just media wind up and getting all the emotions up .. the fans are being milked like the cash cows they are and the twitter hits are going up ?????

Swango1980

Visit site
Because he had not shut the door .. Max took the space and then ran them both wide as he is entitled to do.
That statement proves you have no idea what you are talking about.

Had Hamilton had tried to take the corner, Max would have wiped him out. We see drivers get penalties for that time and time again, and the stewards would have had no hiding place but to penalise Max. Max was lucky that Lewis ran himself wide to avoid the collision, and that the stewards were extremely lenient, as they often are with Max

Swango1980

Visit site
FIA would have reviewed post race , and made a judgement.. Mercedes would appeal if they have an issue. Then retrospective penalties would be applied.. none of the latter has happened, it’s judged to be a fair move by the ruling body, so all of our opinions are irrelevant. It’s now just media wind up and getting all the emotions up .. the fans are being milked like the cash cows they are and the twitter hits are going up ?????
Mercedes have asked for a review of the decision, I believe the hearing is as 2pm today.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
There wouldn’t be much of a form if we didn’t discuss things we have a difference of opinion on.

The decision not to investigate the incident was 100% about extending the show.

Swango1980

Visit site
Then the debate will be ended with the judgement.. and you can all run around shouting I told you so
Not my style, and whatever decision is made you can never guarantee the officials make the right one. We see this all the time in many sports. I can see them not overturning their decision. I am more intrigued as to what precedent that sets for any driver doing the same in the future, whether they take out the driver on the outside or not.

Had Max gone wide to the outside of the bend, and pushed Hamilton off the track, I'd have thought he'd normally get penalised, as there are strict rules in not crowding out a driver, gibing them a car width, etc. However, I could also see the argument that is was a racing incident, and I'd get your argument about the fine margins involved. When he ended several car widths off the track himself, I cannot accept that argument anymore, and if it is acceptable then rules do not apply if you are the following driver with the inside line. You can just forget about your braking point aim to obstruct the wider driver's line into the corner.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not my style, and whatever decision is made you can never guarantee the officials make the right one. We see this all the time in many sports. I can see them not overturning their decision. I am more intrigued as to what precedent that sets for any driver doing the same in the future, whether they take out the driver on the outside or not.

Had Max gone wide to the outside of the bend, and pushed Hamilton off the track, I'd have thought he'd normally get penalised, as there are strict rules in not crowding out a driver, gibing them a car width, etc. However, I could also see the argument that is was a racing incident, and I'd get your argument about the fine margins involved. When he ended several car widths off the track himself, I cannot accept that argument anymore, and if it is acceptable then rules do not apply if you are the following driver with the inside line. You can just forget about your braking point aim to obstruct the wider driver's line into the corner.
Watch Max’s car and his steering inputs ..
Another interesting observation was that most of other drivers did not put up any form defence .. Which kind of sums up F1, DRS and fixed engine regs