Evnroll putters

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Me and HID have one. We both have different styles. Tried everything from Scotty's to Odyssey. They replaced a Ping for me and TM for HID.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
They are good putters, just don't like the look of them. That's not me saying they are ugly just not a nice to look at as say a scotty/bettinardi putter.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
They are good putters, just don't like the look of them. That's not me saying they are ugly just not a nice to look at as say a scotty/bettinardi putter.
I own a few examples of fugly Bettinardis - including my 'gamer' - along with a few gorgeous (to me) ones! Same could be said of Scotties too. I move on from the 'wow this is fugly' thought when my putting stats markedly improved!

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They are excellent and do seem to hit the ball a consistent distance. I have the ER5 and really like it. Beautiful putter, well balanced, great feel, lovely to use with a nice roll.
However, it’s not in my bag and I am as surprised as anyone. For years I tried to get on with the line on the ball thing and it just didn’t work for me - until I found a triple track ball, which was a revelation. This led to me buying a Odyssey Triple Track 10S putter which has really improved my putting.
If you had told me this beforehand I wouldn’t have believed you. I guess it just proves you should try everything and don’t rule anything out.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It’s called the Seemore Giant ??
There's a 'mini Giant' available as well! Don't you just love the names Marketing guys can come up with!
Seemore is another of my 'favourite' brands too - though only for the solid/brick/anser-ish ones, not the 'wraparound' style (FGP?).

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
They are excellent and do seem to hit the ball a consistent distance. I have the ER5 and really like it. Beautiful putter, well balanced, great feel, lovely to use with a nice roll.
However, it’s not in my bag and I am as surprised as anyone. For years I tried to get on with the line on the ball thing and it just didn’t work for me - until I found a triple track ball, which was a revelation. This led to me buying a Odyssey Triple Track 10S putter which has really improved my putting.
If you had told me this beforehand I wouldn’t have believed you. I guess it just proves you should try everything and don’t rule anything out.

The triple track gets very good reviews on My golf spy, I think it their highest rated in one section

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
I've always been a decent putter but definitely feel my consistency has improved since switching to Evnroll
My Arccos data bears that out where I'm gaining 2.2 strokes in this area of my game with the biggest gain in the 20-50ft category
I have the ER2B and love it. had the ER5B before that (sorry Imurg I gave that to a mate)
I did a vid review last year
My view is the tech does work - Alistair Davies on of our Top25 coaches did a robot test and results proved the theory. theres a link to his video in our YT video
IMO the equal if not better than anything else on the market.
Just make sure you do a fitting to get the right style and set up - try the Gravity Grip for sure

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
For all those with Evnroll putters gathering dust in the garage I would be happy to relieve you of them, to create some room obviously. £20, £25? ;) :LOL:

In the good old days when you could go into an AG shop and play around with clubs these putters were consistently the ones that I was drawn to, felt the best, sank the most putts with on the mat. I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on one though. One day.....

D

Deleted member 21258

Got one a ER6, was not good with it to start with due to weighting, had to change the grip/weighting before I got back to how I putted before. Its easier to line up putts due to the long lines on top.

Did I truly notice a difference to my old 2 balls or any of the other putters I have, wish I could say yes, as like the sell of the technology and I hit it all over the head, so it should work for me. But the truth is over time I would say nope, I still miss putts right, left, short and long of any length. :(:LOL:

Just bought a 2nd hand 2 ball putter, as miss the look of playing one of those. Going to try it out for the first game back and probably then swap for the 2nd round to something else.;)

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was really interested in looking at these putters, as my next purchase, but don't know anybody local now that has any....

So....... What with boredom, money burning a hole in pocket, the lockdown..... Etc.. Etc

I took a chance on 1 of these
In black friday sale at hotgolf
With an extra 10% off with an advertised code

https://www.hotgolf.co.uk/product/pxg-gen2-operator-heel-shafted-putter-black/

See how it goes......

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The triple track is very much like the TaylorMade Spider, isn’t it? Which if I’m not mistaken you had when I saw you at the London club?!

Indeed so, I have used the Spider for some time now but will possibly get an Evnroll if one becomes available at a reasonable price !

Are you still putting into practice what you learned there?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've always been a decent putter but definitely feel my consistency has improved since switching to Evnroll
My Arccos data bears that out where I'm gaining 2.2 strokes in this area of my game with the biggest gain in the 20-50ft category
I have the ER2B and love it. had the ER5B before that (sorry Imurg I gave that to a mate)
I did a vid review last year
My view is the tech does work - Alistair Davies on of our Top25 coaches did a robot test and results proved the theory. theres a link to his video in our YT video
IMO the equal if not better than anything else on the market.
Just make sure you do a fitting to get the right style and set up - try the Gravity Grip for sure

Cheers Mike, I'll probably pay for a fitting and look for a secondhand one, definitely fancy the Gravity Grip. I ve putted a lot better with my Spider since seeing Paul Foston though

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Indeed so, I have used the Spider for some time now but will possibly get an Evnroll if one becomes available at a reasonable price !

Are you still putting into practice what you learned there?

I think so....! Well actually I definitely am, but it's not a panacea for my swing! Feels like things are going in the right direction though.

This thread was interesting for me as I'm in the market for a new putter. I was thinking TaylorMade Spider as my first choice, so good to see some discussion of other options.

As you say, a fitting seems like a sensible option as a starting point given the plethora of different styles.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was really interested in looking at these putters, as my next purchase, but don't know anybody local now that has any....

So....... What with boredom, money burning a hole in pocket, the lockdown..... Etc.. Etc

I took a chance on 1 of these
In black friday sale at hotgolf
With an extra 10% off with an advertised code

https://www.hotgolf.co.uk/product/pxg-gen2-operator-heel-shafted-putter-black/

See how it goes......
Morpeth GC used to stock PXG putters. Not been in the pro shop for a while so that info may be out of date. David Clarke has the pro shop there.

Hope the new ones works for you ?

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Morpeth GC used to stock PXG putters. Not been in the pro shop for a while so that info may be out of date. David Clarke has the pro shop there.

Hope the new ones works for you ?

I've got a 15 year old yes c groove carolyne........ It still works ?

Just needed something shiny to spoil myself, unwrap, and feel good for a week or 2, through all this madness
??

Cheaper than a scotty, evnroll, etc.....
Nice weight. Balance
Though I'm not a fan of the grip?
That will be going ASAP

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've got a 15 year old yes c groove carolyne........ It still works ?

Just needed something shiny to spoil myself, unwrap, and feel good for a week or 2, through all this madness
??

Cheaper than a scotty, evnroll, etc.....
Nice weight. Balance
Though I'm not a fan of the grip?
That will be going ASAP
Totally get that, it's therapy ?. My lad got a couple of hybrids regripped at morpeth around this time last year. We saw the PXG putters in there and had a little play. Not like yours, more anser style, but boy they felt good. As you say, good weight, lovely balance.

Post how you find it over the course of next season ?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I've been sorely tempted for an ER2 but not as yet had the chance to actually try one.
I do wonder how much better the grooves are vs something like the Ping TR grooves, I suspect not a lot in it.
Maybe less fashionable - Cleveland have their version on the h beach soft putters

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I've said this before and I'll say it again... if you want a £300 putter, then go and buy one. Love it, cherish it. But don't expect it to turn your putting from average to good.

Hopefully at the very least it would inspire you to practice with it.

If you're struggling to hit the middle of the club face with a putter, then I don't think the bit of metal you're holding is going to make a huge difference .