Every golfer needs one of these!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
rog.jpg

Free from your golf club or for the cost of postage only from the R & A, fits nicely into the bag.

Some of the questions in this section of the Forum can be answered in about 30 seconds by using the index of the above book. Some of the answers given to recent questions here have not only been completely wrong but have been given without reference to any rule, just an "I think this is the way it should be". Nobody can be expected to know all the rules but everyone should be aware of when a rule is likely to have been broken & know where to find the answer. I have needed to consult the book out on the course a few times in competition & often when we have been discussing the rules while having a friendly game.

The index is actually very comprehensive and it usually doesn't take long to find what you're looking for. There is, I believe, an iPhone app too but I don't have an iPhone. In some ways the book is easier.

Get one everybody! There's no excuse!

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Handy hint
Keep your rule book in a zip lock sandwich bag in your golf bag
One of the few times I had to refer to book during a round, I found that all the pages had stuck together after the book had got wet /dried out /got wet again...

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
R & A have launched an updated version for iphone, just downloaded my update... its good to have the very latest information... oh wait all they did was change the rolex advert :smirk:

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Should we ask the mods to close this section now ;).

Personally always find the book the easiest way on the course because the batteries don't die. Still have the app on my main phone and the GPS phone just in case.

Also quiet handy is this and it covers the most common situations http://www.amazon.co.uk/Golf-Rules-Quick-Reference-2012-2015/dp/3909596495

Close it no, make it sticky. Every serious golfer should have the means to consult the rules during the course of a round. As we used to say where I worked, if you don't know RTFM, refer to the manual.