Ever Walked Off?

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Walked off today after 9. Weather was honking and was feeling miserable. Wasn't playing too badly either. FC walked in too.

In fact, most people walked in after 9- will be surprised if many people hand in full cards today.

Same at our place too, course won't be closed though and I'm in with net 70 so fingers crossed for some sweep money ;)

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My game walked in today after 7 holes if that counts? :D Was ripping it up until then :(

I walked off in an open once at Carden park. Studiply slow pace of play and weather was unreal, should of been called off but the money grabbing (insert favourite swearword) werent interested.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
3 times that i can remember

group of us came off one day as greens were flooding as we played

another day we came in off 11th after just over 3 hours

bogeyed the 9th one tuesday comp to go +2 .. ripped a drive of 10th up near the green, half way up the fairway i just realised i did not want to be in the company of the 2 people i was playing with , i made my excuses , signed the card with front 9 written after it shook hands & walked in ..

Company wasnt good , language , tone & just complain complain for 9 holes just wore me down , when golf stops being enjoyable il stop playing

Last edited:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haven't yet but due to go out soon following the mens comp which usually means a very slow round. It's blowing a gale and chucking it down..........

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
The only time was when I played 10 holes then nearly threw up in a bin on 11. I walked in and spent 2 hours in the club house recovering. They then put the wrong player down as withdrawn through injury so it looked like I just pulled out for no reason lol.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only once and that was through Injury.

I was playing at (the now defunct) Standish Court in Wigan and my back had been a bit sore all day. I was carrying my bag which never helped either.

Stood on the 10th tee box ready to nail a drive and my lower back snapped as loud as the sound of me hitting the ball. The ball went about 20 yards and i was left wobbling like Shakin Stevens as my whole core was floppy.

Managed to drag myself back to the car and drive home. Took me about 30 minutes to get out the car when i pulled up through the pain and i was as close to tears through pain as i have been as an adult.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Only once and that was through Injury.

I was playing at (the now defunct) Standish Court in Wigan

No further explanations needed. Worst course I ever played by far. That course would flood if people were sweating too much....

Walked off our Captains day after 10 holes in 3 and a 1/2 hours. I'm not wasting my family time if people think a 7 hour round is acceptable. I also had to stop whilst playing an Open at Preston Golf Club in May, but that was through injury, and Fish threatened to wrap a 7 iron round my head if I carried on....:D

Oh, and Tugglesf, have you manged to check out any local clubs yet?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Walked off today after 9. Weather was honking and was feeling miserable. Wasn't playing too badly either. FC walked in too.

In fact, most people walked in after 9- will be surprised if many people hand in full cards today.

Are you (and Val) implying that these rounds go down as a 9-hole round, rather than simply an NR?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No further explanations needed. Worst course I ever played by far. That course would flood if people were sweating too much....

Walked off our Captains day after 10 holes in 3 and a 1/2 hours. I'm not wasting my family time if people think a 7 hour round is acceptable. I also had to stop whilst playing an Open at Preston Golf Club in May, but that was through injury, and Fish threatened to wrap a 7 iron round my head if I carried on....:D

Oh, and Tugglesf, have you manged to check out any local clubs yet?

I have not as of yet mate.

Game has been a bit up and down recently so my desire to get pee wet through has been diminished slightly. Work has been mental also, which has not helped.

The Manchester based member of my three ball has decided to move down south (i know, what is he thinking....:D), so that opens up more options to the north of Wigan.

Not wrong about Standish Court. Strangely however, i now walk the dog on the course and since the grass has begun to overgrow and the weeds shoot through, it is far firmer underfoot.

Poop course i know, but it is still a bit sad seeing it completely overgrown. Sign of the times i suppose.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never done it.
Felt like it on several occasions and I've quiet often had a stunning back 9 to get in with a respectable score.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Once I walked in after 6 holes, I made sure my FC had someone to mark his card and he joined the 2-ball behind.

I'd had 12+ pints of Stella the night before.

Come on, it was Stella.....

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Iv never done it...... I hate throwing in the towel regardless of how bad im playing..
If i have a brutal front 9 i go on to the back nine with the mentality that ill Level Par my way around the back 9....... Sometimes if i am hitting it very bad ill try work out whats happening on the back 9........

Never Give In!:fore:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
twice due to weather, came close to walking off a few weeks back when playing shockingly but stuck it out.

Woodhall Spa forum meet I reckon our 4 ball was close after about 4 holes into the teeth of it, was not pleasant. Fortunately it wasnt so bad once playing away from the wind.