EuroPro Travel costs

Twon1989

Visit site
A friend of mine is joining the europro tour, how much is the average hotel for 16 events? We are trying to establish a cost estimate.
Are there any golf enthusiasts that help an extremely talented golfer have a go at making it and rent a room cheaper than hotels?
Cheers
Twon

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I know a couple guys on the Challenge tour who reckon they need to make £30-40k to break even & that's with decent(ish) sponsorships

Obviously it will be less on the EuroPro as there's less flying/overseas events and presumably entry fees are less

However, I think it's quite common for the guys to 'bunk up' / sleep on hotel floors etc to save costs

It's a tough school

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Perhaps contact golf clubs local to where the tournaments are being held, go on their facebook pages. Ask if any golfers would put them up for a few nights whilst the tournament is on. I'm sure you would get a few positives out of it. You may have to give a quick putting lesson, swing tip or make up stories of how you played a practice round with Rory but it may save you a few quid. Shy bairns get nowt as they say up here.

Twon1989

Visit site
HAHAHA love the storytime part
Perhaps contact golf clubs local to where the tournaments are being held, go on their facebook pages. Ask if any golfers would put them up for a few nights whilst the tournament is on. I'm sure you would get a few positives out of it. You may have to give a quick putting lesson, swing tip or make up stories of how you played a practice round with Rory but it may save you a few quid. Shy bairns get nowt as they say up here.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You know amateur sportsmen hang on every word of someone who has met someone in "the big leagues". Anyone with a story to tell and we sit there open mouthed and lap it up. It doesn't need to be true, just sound true.

My wife spent a summer as a rep in the south of France many years ago. They used to do boat trips along the coast, St. Tropez, Antibes, Cannes etc. The bloke running them would point out the villas of the rich and famous. She asked him one day how he knew. He didn't. He knew they had villas somewhere in the area, just not which particular ones. He made it all up but people loved it, took pictures, came off beaming.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site

For the NZ Ladies Open the locals used to offer up their houses for lodging for those girls who wanted it and now back in this country I arranged a weeks accommodation for our tour pro and her mate just outside of Christchurch and the chap ended up caddying for our girl , so yes go ahead and get in touch with Euro Pro organisers sure there will be something similar

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As the entry fees are £295 and with practice round and hopefully 3 rounds in the tourney that is pretty tight - shows when 13th place pays £750 that they are almost all chasing the dream and making no money whatsoever.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As the entry fees are £295 and with practice round and hopefully 3 rounds in the tourney that is pretty tight - shows when 13th place pays £750 that they are almost all chasing the dream and making no money whatsoever.

no money to be made on the europro long term, guy who wins the tour wins 20-25k usually cant be more than 5-10 guys who do any more than cover expenses, certainly doesnt provide a wage. at best its a stepping stone to the challenge tour yet even that is really only another stepping stone, just one thats closer to the holy grail