euphoria to depression in 7 holes

wolfie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
just wanted to share this rather funny story. Went out on Sunday to play 18 holes with my playing partner and when we arrived he went straight to the pro-shop and picked up his brand new Powakaddy electric trolley which he had ordered the previous week. The guy in the shop had it charged and ready to go so needless to say my friend was rather excited. Well anyway fastforward to the 7th hole and after alot of playing with his new toy we strolled up the fairway to our balls (which as happens were two quite good drives) which were about 10 feet from the lake. And yes he did the unthinkable and twisted his speed control knob the wrong way and the brand new trolley took off like a cat on steroids and straight into the water it went followed by my friend on his arse as he slid down the bank. Never laughed as much in my life but at the same time I had to feel sorry for him.
Just thought I had to share this funny story and would like to hear other good stories if you would be willing to share.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
i bet your approaches to the green werent good i would of still been laughing on the 10th#

you tube clip???

www_MyEmoticons_com__fishing.gif

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
just wanted to share this rather funny story. Went out on Sunday to play 18 holes with my playing partner and when we arrived he went straight to the pro-shop and picked up his brand new Powakaddy electric trolley which he had ordered the previous week. The guy in the shop had it charged and ready to go so needless to say my friend was rather excited. Well anyway fastforward to the 7th hole and after alot of playing with his new toy we strolled up the fairway to our balls (which as happens were two quite good drives) which were about 10 feet from the lake. And yes he did the unthinkable and twisted his speed control knob the wrong way and the brand new trolley took off like a cat on steroids and straight into the water it went followed by my friend on his arse as he slid down the bank. Never laughed as much in my life but at the same time I had to feel sorry for him.
Just thought I had to share this funny story and would like to hear other good stories if you would be willing to share.

Similar happened to Fundy last year at the Grove. We watched helplessly as his out of countrol trolley powered its way 100 yds down hill ,across the fairway and into a bunker. Sadly the impact snapped the axle and it was doomed. I caught it on camera but by the time I saw what was happening it was too late to stop it.

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Poor bloke... Throwing clubs would be the least of anyones worries if this happened to me! What a nightmare!

wolfie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
unfortunately no you tube clip. It all happened so fast. Looking back on it I wish I had caught the aftermath on camera, just didnt think. We had such a session getting the bloody thing out of the water. People were coming from everywhere to help us but needless to say my friend who was already soaked from head to toe was the one who had to drag his beloved trolley to the bank. Trolley didnt work but after a good dry out it is now in perfect working order. You just couldnt make it up.
I guess he has learnt to make sure he knows how to work his trolley before using it again. It has probably happened to us all at some stage, I for one can recall countless times I have turned the speed control the wrong way and end up running after it like a numpty.

And no we didnt play any more holes, obviously because his trolley was buggered and and he was running round like a drowned rat, but most of all because I just couldnt control my laughter. And im quite sure he felt like a 24 carat plonker.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suffered a similar fate... On my last competative round of 18 holes at South Winchester my trolley started up while we were putting out on the 18th green!

It turned 90* to the right and rolled down the bank into the lake! I was close enough to grab it and stop it. I dried it all out but I have not had the courage to start it up again since to see if it works! Its been about 7 months now!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It never fails to make me smile when I hear about these runaway trollies or see a clip posted. I do feel sorry for the owners as it can be an expensive business to get them repaired or replaced if they are damaged. It's funny how people seem to mysteriously apear from nowhere as you or your mate is knee deep in water trying to get the thing out.

wolfie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It never fails to make me smile when I hear about these runaway trollies or see a clip posted. I do feel sorry for the owners as it can be an expensive business to get them repaired or replaced if they are damaged. It's funny how people seem to mysteriously apear from nowhere as you or your mate is knee deep in water trying to get the thing out.
people from surrounding holes obviously

wolfie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
In my case people came from the decking outside the clubhouse... I even got a round of applause when pulling it out.

That was my last ever competitive round at that club.. I left it only a few weeks later :)
Thankfully we were nowhere near the clubhouse. It wasnt even my trolley and I felt like a plank just because I was with him.
Im sure it didnt take long before the whole town knew never mind the clubhouse.

HotDogAssassin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Im sure it didnt take long before the whole town knew never mind the clubhouse.

And now thanks to the wonders of the internet and his good friend, the world knows too! :D

That's one of the funniest things I've heard so far this year. Any chance of re-enacting the incident on camera for us? I'm getting images similar to the Fenton the Dog video. :rofl:

wolfie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
And now thanks to the wonders of the internet and his good friend, the world knows too! :D

That's one of the funniest things I've heard so far this year. Any chance of re-enacting the incident on camera for us? I'm getting images similar to the Fenton the Dog video. :rofl:
To be honest you could never set that scene again. Not so much what happened but the reaction. The most talented actor in the world couldnt re-enact it.