Ethics of flower arrangement.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So I hit a somewhat wayward teeshot and hunted it down, unfortunately it had come to rest in a rather attractive patch full of orchids.
It was not a site of scientific interest as far as I know so under the rules of golf I should play it as it lies.
What should I have done?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
There’s actual a ruling for a plantation area that is tendered I believe where a free drop/relief is available.

If it’s your club or one you play regularly, I’d enquire further.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
in a friendly hit take a drop, in a comp see if youve got a decent card going, if not revert to the drop, if you have a good score going then bye bye flower

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would read the local rules before I go out to play

The club should have it marked up as a No Play Zone (NPZ) if taking relief is mandatory.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
So I hit a somewhat wayward teeshot and hunted it down, unfortunately it had come to rest in a rather attractive patch full of orchids.
It was not a site of scientific interest as far as I know so under the rules of golf I should play it as it lies.
What should I have done?
Wild flowers grow in the wild. Animals tramp on them, other animals eat them, some defecate or urinate on them. They are generally pretty hardy and tolerant re conditions. Just play the ball, the flowers will recover.