ESR Question

blackpuddinmonster

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
These are my results in qualifying comps: so far this year, of a starting h/c of 28.
36 pts - no change
68 - 1.6 cut(4 under?) :lol:
71 - no change
77 - 0.1 back :(
46 pts - not all results in yet but expecting 3.6/4.0 cut(9/10 under):lol:
Am i right in thinking that with the results in bold, i'am also due a cut under ESR, or am i suffering from wishfull thinking??
Please let me be right. The next person to call me a bandit is likely to get a sand wedge up their jacksey, mind you, i'd probably miss..:eek:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
These are my results in qualifying comps: so far this year, of a starting h/c of 28.
36 pts - no change
71 - no change
Am i right in thinking that with the results in bold, i'am also due a cut under ESR, or am i suffering from wishfull thinking??
Please let me be right. The next person to call me a bandit is likely to get a sand wedge up their jacksey, mind you, i'd probably miss..:eek:

So you have just shot 10 under hadicap, but your not a bandit?
;)

DCB

Visit site
It should, depending on the full result of the last comp lead to an ESR cut. First low score triggered the second low score should initiate a ESR calculation.

need full results and handicap figures but it should get a cut.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
36 pts - no change
71 - no change

Yes. An ESR would be recommended, I think it would be a 2 shot one too. Not a requirement for the Committee to apply it, but I think they'd be daft not to!

P148 was taking the mick - at least I hope so!

blackpuddinmonster

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yes. An ESR would be recommended, I think it would be a 2 shot one too. Not a requirement for the Committee to apply it, but I think they'd be daft not to!

P148 was taking the mick - at least I hope so!

Thanks Foxholer, no one at the club was sure. If the committee don't apply it i'l be having a word. :rofl:

Re Patrick, i thought he was, as was i.. :whistle:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
The meeting conducted by the head sheds when they came down to the South West insisted on "doing" which made a mockery of giving those that do the option. So as I posted "instructed to accept".

Ireland directs they apply it. Elsewhere directs they consider applying it.

I don't see any non-exceptional reason why Clubs wouldn't apply an ESR, except if the Club was trying to do a fiddle - e.g maintaining eligibility for certain competitions!

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ireland directs they apply it. Elsewhere directs they consider applying it.

I don't see any non-exceptional reason why Clubs wouldn't apply an ESR, except if the Club was trying to do a fiddle - e.g maintaining eligibility for certain competitions!

I can only state what those from the EGU and Congu stated at our seminar when they informed the area of the upgrade of the software a couple of years ago and that was that they insisted that it should be applied. Hence our surprise that there was an option to ignore. I even have a name which I feel inappropriate to divulge in a public forum.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I got a 2 shot ESR with a nett differential of 4.5 within 4 rounds so you should definately get one

I think I posted that with a favourable CSS, you might have been due a 2 shot ESR. I assumed that's what happened when you got a 2 shot ESR. Your first post in that thread expected cut to 8.7 before ESR and end result was 6.5, so that extra 0.2 reinforces my thought that CSS went to 72 in the round that triggered the ESR. So an average nett differential of 5.5.

Last edited: