English Seniors Men’s Open Amateur Championship @ Holme Hall and Elsham

Visit site
I wish, I was a member of Elsham for 8yrs and I'm not eligible to play by 11mths. Why isn't the amateur game the same as on tour, 50? Ive been in no mans land for past 4yrs, stopped playing in scratch events due to playing with teenage brats.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Practice today and really impressed with both clubs and how welcoming they have been . Chatting to green keepers and obvious that both courses have been gearing up for this for weeks .Top marks guys.
Top organisation from England Golf 👏👏

D

Deleted member 17920

Practice today and really impressed with both clubs and how welcoming they have been . Chatting to green keepers and obvious that both courses have been gearing up for this for weeks .Top marks guys.
Top organisation from England Golf 👏👏
Enjoy it Ben. Hope you play well 👍o

We have quite a few in it this year, the ballot was higher than expected I think.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lying 224 out of 288 so work to be done to make the cut 🤣. Some very good players racking up big numbers, if it was handicapped would be a lot higher 😜😂

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site
If I found the correct link the guy leading used to be manager at our place. From what I understand he retired early to concentrate on playing and by the looks of it has been pretty successful.

D

Deleted member 17920

Lying 224 out of 288 so work to be done to make the cut 🤣. Some very good players racking up big numbers, if it was handicapped would be a lot higher 😜😂
Your doing well enough Ben, keep going 👍

D

Deleted member 17920

If I found the correct link the guy leading used to be manager at our place. From what I understand he retired early to concentrate on playing and by the looks of it has been pretty successful.
Ian has had a superb round today, done very well since joining the seniors a couple of years ago.

Previous winner I think.

We have a few Woodhall gents in the top 50.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The guys on the greenstaff have worked really hard at our place (Elsham) to present our course as well as possible. I played last weekend and it was truly A1 so would hope that it would be even better for the guys paying yesterday and today. Im not sure how HH got the final round and we didn't but it's got to be in some nick to trump ours at the moment. 2 under was the best yesterday but it looks like the big guns are playing at ours today. Glyn - one of your guys eagled the first yesterday.....that's a decent start !!!! Any course feedback ....+ve or -ve would be good.

D

Deleted member 17920

what sort of handicap cut off to get in this?
This year was the highest its been for a few years.

I think 7 made it.

Last year at Saunton it was 5

year before at West Hill and Worplesdon it was 4.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
The guys on the greenstaff have worked really hard at our place (Elsham) to present our course as well as possible. I played last weekend and it was truly A1 so would hope that it would be even better for the guys paying yesterday and today. Im not sure how HH got the final round and we didn't but it's got to be in some nick to trump ours at the moment. 2 under was the best yesterday but it looks like the big guns are playing at ours today. Glyn - one of your guys eagled the first yesterday.....that's a decent start !!!! Any course feedback ....+ve or -ve would be good.
Everyone at Elsham has been fantastic, very warm welcome and couldn't do enough for you . All the players i've talked to can't understand why HH has got the final round , your place is head and shoulders above them. The course was magnificent , greens superb whereas HH were too fast for their undulations . Excellent practice facilities at Elsham too, free TM TP5 practice balls and guys filling the baskets up as fast as you could empty them.
When we finished our practice round at 7,30 on Tuesday in the rain the greens were being cut and ironed, the fairways being cut and members also divottong them .
Top marks to all concerned and please pass on our thanks