England golf app

rosie

Hacker
Visit site
Morning, used the England Golf App yesterday for the first time to record a score for my husband, at an away course, very slick (golf not slick though ?)
Do we have to retain the physical scorecard or hand it in to our club?
Also, if we play later in the day, with the chance of the pro shop being closed when we finish, is it acceptable to use the EG app on your home course rather than the How Did I Do a casual golf app?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I havent retained any cards from the rounds that I have submitted myself via EG. Friends witness it happened, not the club, so I see no point myself!

Same for point 2 really, its up to you to do it, you dont have to let the club know now if you're doing it all through EG! They dont get involved at all at my place!

wjemather

Visit site
Morning, used the England Golf App yesterday for the first time to record a score for my husband, at an away course, very slick (golf not slick though ?)
Also, if we play later in the day, with the chance of the pro shop being closed when we finish, is it acceptable to use the EG app on your home course rather than the How Did I Do a casual golf app?
There is no need to retain the physical scorecard when using the MyEG app, and the app can be used to submit scores on any course in England, including your home course. However...

Some club handicap committees have decided that they want to see physical scorecards for all general play rounds, and some don't want their members using MyEG for home rounds. As such, you should probably check with them.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Rosie we are experimenting with allowing our members to use the EG app - MEG, as it has some really good features cw HDID (proximity checking & attestation being two). Our main concerns are connectivity as we struggle with mobile coverage.

We still request away cards to be returned - mainly because the EG management system reporting is deficient in as much as you can't see away scores entered via the MEG software without looking at an individual record. When (or if) they fix it we will look again at whether physical cards need to be returned.

BTW we also demand physical cards for General Play rounds at home for 2 reasons: first the reporting software in Club V1 doesn't carry through marker details and second there are no real checks and sign-in / score entry which is a concern. We check a fair few and between 15 - 20% of on-line entries don't agree with the card. Thus still cards for us at present.