England Golf and Club Opens

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Has anyone heard a rumour that England Golf are going release a statement this week on whether, based on Government advise, Open Competitions are not allowed or not, under the current Covid-19 restrictions?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Has anyone heard a rumour that England Golf are going release a statement this week on whether, based on Government advise, Open Competitions are not allowed or not, under the current Covid-19 restrictions?
Not sure why they would as many are already being played it seems.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Not heard anything and hope it is just a rumour. I have a couple of 36 holers this month but the clubs have sent out plenty of advice/information about distancing, taking our own food and eating in the car etc.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played in one a couple of weeks ago. They had an external bar and bbq afterwards for those who wished to partake.

Horse and bolted springs to mind.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve just booked two in the next couple of weeks, so hopefully no changes.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our club took it's own decision to cancel all Opens planned for 2019 as soon as we were allowed to play again.

I understand that the same decision was made by other clubs in our area. All county knockouts leagues cancelled, all Dorset Golf union events cancelled. Their is only one organiser trying to keep one league going which is the juniors but they are out of County. They have not been given a no by us but a we will think about response.

Australia comes to mind.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yorkshire have just run a County Members event and tomorrow I am refereeing at the county Team Championships at Moortown.

D

Deleted member 1147

Not heard anything and hope it is just a rumour. I have a couple of 36 holers this month but the clubs have sent out plenty of advice/information about distancing, taking our own food and eating in the car etc.
Have you signed up for the Goose?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Have you signed up for the Goose?
No I didn't get round to it in the end but as it turns out I might not have been able to make it anyway as I'm waiting to hear about the date of a funeral in Scotland which could be around then.

D

Deleted member 1147

I’m told is full now, so I’ve missed out.
Besides, apparently Alex Fitzpatrick is playing, so we were probably only playing for 2nd place anyway!

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Where did you hear or see the rumour?

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
As everything things get taken out of context and I have been advised contrary what our GM was told England Golf have advised the Opens in areas of local Lock down should not go ahead, which would make sense

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
No open comps currently allowed in Scotland. It’s not very clear why other than an over abundance of caution.

I'm playing in one this Saturday. Booked ages ago and apparently it's on despite what is in Scottsih Golf's Phase 3 statement.