Energy Renewals

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All Bulb have done is offset my monthly usage by £66. I'm still paying the same monthly DD...which is fine by me....I get the benefit of the £400 eventually either way. I guess folks who are perhaps struggling to pay their monthly bills might prefer to have their payments reduced.

Whilst I get this school of thought what concerns me is the standard variable was 7p now 10p (for 2 years)

So just as gas use goes up the cost rises and people build a debt up, sticking to the agreed direct debit and having it cover the difference would least help level off that for this winter because next winter it's going to bite!

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
my latest bill, (Sept 23rd) had me as £177 in credit, that is before the £66 rebate and this month's payment.

Scottish Power are my suppliers.

I

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
my latest bill, (Sept 23rd) had me as £177 in credit, that is before the £66 rebate and this month's payment.

Scottish Power are my suppliers.

I

Not unusual to be in credit before the winter months tho, I mean we are £996 in credit and I expect that to drop to about £500 come April which without the gov help would be £100. Providing a nice buffer to see through next winter when the gov help isn't here

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
Depends who you are with

Some are putting it in your bank accounts

Some are reducing direct debit

This is what the official government web site say
You’ll get the discount automatically in one of the following ways, as:
  • a reduction to your monthly direct debit amount
  • a refund to your bank account following the monthly direct debit collection
my DD not been reduced or had the money back in my account. Seems British Gas pocketing million from government

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
my DD not been reduced or had the money back in my account. Seems British Gas pocketing million from government

Might take a few days to get the money back ? My credit only went to octopus 2 days ago

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
They are not pocketing the money. It's being done in stages depending on when your DD comes out. Did you not get an email?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’m with Bulb, our DD stayed at the same amount and the £66 was added to our existing credit. I’ve just lowered my DD a little to start using some of the credit we’ve built up during the summer.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Also Bulb. I will take out half what is left at the end of the winter, that should get me through the next one, I think.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

Check your bill....you may find that your supplier has simply reduced the amount you owe by £66 by adding it as a credit to your account balance...

energy.JPG

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Also Bulb. I will take out half what is left at the end of the winter, that should get me through the next one, I think.

The great news is Octopus look set to finally take over bulb next month which will be fantastic for the energy market and bulbs customers

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers. Didn’t hear anything about that one yet.
Yeah they are in talks with the gov because they are asking the gov to underpin a loan for a few years to cover some risk, which then allows them to hedge the energy supply which is good for customers rather than bulb being basically state owned ATM and no hedging takes place so no buying energy on the future market , no savings

Plus octopus are the most innovative supplier I've come across with smart tech , getting people to load shift. Now heading up the scheme to pay customers to avoid energy use in peak periods to avoid supply issues

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Electricity only
Current
Unit rate 25.11p per kWh
Standing charge 23.03p a day

Offered
1 year fix
Unit rate: 60.69p/kWh
Standing charge: 52.01p/day

2 year fix
Unit rate: 77.91p/kWh
Standing charge: 52.01p/day

Variable
Unit rate: 28.46p/kWh
Standing charge: 43.39p/day

Gulp o_O
Today my fixed rate ends, thought I'd look back to the OP in mid August.

Will be automatically rolled onto their variable plan which is -

Unit rate: 34.22 p/kwh
Standing charge: 44.04 p/day

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I dont want them to be innovative.

1. First and foremost I want them to deliver clear accurate bills....based on MY readings.
  2. Secondly I want them to be reasonable in their forecasts of my energy usage and to take notice of what I tell them my consumption is likely to be - I have 5 years worth of historical usage data so they need to understand that I am the SME in my families energy consumption....not them.
  3. Thirdly, I want them to suggest monthly payments that are in line with a whole years likely energy consumption, rather than pissing about changing what they think I should be paying as the winter months come around.

Bulb managed all three of the above without issue (unlike British Gas, Scottish Power and a whole host of prior suppliers that used to drive my wife mad changing the direct debits willy nilly, resulting in us being in vast amounts of credit with them and not backing up with clear and concise billing).

If they can manage all three of the above...then they can start innovating.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I dont want them to be innovative.

1. First and foremost I want them to deliver clear accurate bills....based on MY readings.
  2. Secondly I want them to be reasonable in their forecasts of my energy usage and to take notice of what I tell them my consumption is likely to be - I have 5 years worth of historical usage data so they need to understand that I am the SME in my families energy consumption....not them.
  3. Thirdly, I want them to suggest monthly payments that are in line with a whole years likely energy consumption, rather than pissing about changing what they think I should be paying as the winter months come around.

Bulb managed all three of the above without issue (unlike British Gas, Scottish Power and a whole host of prior suppliers that used to drive my wife mad changing the direct debits willy nilly, resulting in us being in vast amounts of credit with them and not backing up with clear and concise billing).

If they can manage all three of the above...then they can start innovating.

They can do all of them .. bulb may have done this but were badly financed and went bust at a huge cost to us the taxpayer

Octopus didn't

Their billing system is simple and based on smart metre readings (or own readings)

I won't bored you with the innovative stuff if that's not your bag

I've been with them 2 years thus far and they have provided excellent service

Any issues with my bill (didn't arrive on time once) I tweeted them and they just send a bill that day

Excellent service

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
They can do all of them .. bulb may have done this but were badly financed and went bust at a huge cost to us the taxpayer

Octopus didn't

Their billing system is simple and based on smart metre readings (or own readings)

I won't bored you with the innovative stuff if that's not your bag

I've been with them 2 years thus far and they have provided excellent service

Any issues with my bill (didn't arrive on time once) I tweeted them and they just send a bill that day

Excellent service

Cheers for the positive outlook. I dont mind innovation but not if its at the cost of the "basics". Seemingly it isnt. :)