Energy Renewals

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
new tank going in next week and needs filling, sooner rather later ideally :)

Have you checked if there are any local buying groups that get a good rate, there are a couple in my area. Currently use boiler juice, their sensor and app is great as can check levels on your phone.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have you checked if there are any local buying groups that get a good rate, there are a couple in my area. Currently use boiler juice, their sensor and app is great as can check levels on your phone.

yes boiler juice email me when theres a local delivery currently (i missed the decent price a few weeks ago sadly)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
yes boiler juice email me when theres a local delivery currently (i missed the decent price a few weeks ago sadly)

I pay them an agreed amount monthly so works like a normal energy bill and they top up 3 or 4 times a year as needed.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
A few months ago I signed up to new fixed tariff, which is £3250 per annum, thinking this would limit the damage. Here's hoping this gets scaled down to this new £2.5k 'cap'. :oops:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
ah ok thanks will look into that, not looking forward to the next bill to fill the new tank thats for sure

True but once you start I far prefer it to gas or electric. I can chose when I want to top up and pay when it is cheapest, like being able to buy all of your gas for the year in 2021 befor the prices increased. Never need any oil in summer but that is when I fill up for winter as it is cheaper.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A few months ago I signed up to new fixed tariff, which is £3250 per annum, thinking this would limit the damage. Here's hoping this gets scaled down to this new £2.5k 'cap'. :oops:

This new cap brings back the payback for my solar scheme to 8-10 years rather than the 3-4 it was shaping up to be with those scary prices

I'm glad help has been rolled out , it was looking very scary out there.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Okay ?. Joys of language ?

having had to buy said tank (and a fire rated one at that) at current chocs no chance it will be being filled to the brim, hoping to get to xmas with what we put in based on not knowing quite how much we use!!! the brim will be saved for when oil prices dive again hopefully

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
having had to buy said tank (and a fire rated one at that) at current chocs no chance it will be being filled to the brim, hoping to get to xmas with what we put in based on not knowing quite how much we use!!! the brim will be saved for when oil prices dive again hopefully

Not sure of your tank size but we probably will use less than half a tank between now and January.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The announcement has now been made, with some limited detail.

The Ofgem price caps are now, in effect, abolished and replaced with a two year fixed cap set to be the equivalent of £2,500 per year.

By our initial calculation, and on the assumption of no change to the standing charge rate, this would mean new unit charge rates of 9.5p/kwh for gas and 37.5p/kwh for electricity effective 1st October 2022 for all households. We were expecting this to be 15p and 51p respectively.

just passing this on

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
The announcement has now been made, with some limited detail.

The Ofgem price caps are now, in effect, abolished and replaced with a two year fixed cap set to be the equivalent of £2,500 per year.

By our initial calculation, and on the assumption of no change to the standing charge rate, this would mean new unit charge rates of 9.5p/kwh for gas and 37.5p/kwh for electricity effective 1st October 2022 for all households. We were expecting this to be 15p and 51p respectively.

just passing this on
Thanks. I wish they would explain it like this instead of shouting £2500.
Saying that, I think we might come to about £2700 on our annal projection, so not far off.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks. I wish they would explain it like this instead of shouting £2500.
Saying that, I think we might come to about £2700 on our annal projection, so not far off.

i agree its most annoying however i think its because there can be slight regional variations

think my gas is £1000 electric hard to tell yet but £1500-2500

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oil heating costs.

Given the fall in petrol prices* is there a fall in heating oil prices?

* Went down another 10p /litre this week where I live.