Energy Renewals

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Looking back to my OP, the standing charge was pretty much doubling. Assume from below it still will.
Guess that guarantees the suppliers predictable increased income and is still a bit of a carrot for consumers to reduce usage.
-----
Standing charges
Average standing charges will remain in line with the levels set by Ofgem for the default tariff cap from 1 October, at 46p per day for electricity and 28p per day for gas, for a typical dual fuel customer paying by direct debit.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
electricity a bit cheaper than expected, gas a bit more expensive.

yeah, I guess gas is the one thats costing and electric if they uncouple from gas does come from other sources

however so many people asking what happens on the fix with the 17p discount... people assuming they will get 17p off their fix regardless.. I doubt they will give me 3p for each unit I use lol I just see fixes being reduced to 34p if over it

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just got an email from Octopus.
" .... we’re reducing standing charges from the Energy Price Guarantee level by 4%."

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just got an email from Octopus.
" .... we’re reducing standing charges from the Energy Price Guarantee level by 4%."

octopus are doing great things tbh

solar outgoing tariff is doubling from 7.5p a kw to 15p , (mines still 4.1p as im on go and you cant be on go and be on the higher solar as you get cheaper electric at night which is fair enough)

post October they are shaking up their economy 7 tariff

I cant find the post atm which is annoying but I was reading something about come october its going to be around 40p during the day and 15p at night as their go tariff is now EV only. you have to prove you have one so they have shaken up the economy 7 to try and encourage people to load shift as much as possible

anyone with a battery system of any kind will benefit more from that aswell

been really impressed with them

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
We got a letter from bulb. standing charges are going up 1p for gas and electricity each. That's a lot less than I thought would happen. OK with that.
Actual unit price wit the cap, but we have some control about how much we are using in the 1st place.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ooof…unless something unusual has happened to our usage these last couple of days, we can really see the impact of the price hike that came in on 1st Oct. And even though we are in a very fortunate position financially compared with many, many in the country, we are seriously looking at our usage.

I cannot comment on what I think of the support that individuals and business are getting, or are going to get.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ooof…unless something unusual has happened to our usage these last couple of days, we can really see the impact of the price hike that came in on 1st Oct. And even though we are in a very fortunate position financially compared with many, many in the country, we are seriously looking at our usage.

I cannot comment on what I think of the support that individuals and business are getting, or are going to get.
Did your supplier increase prices on 1 Oct? I thought they were holding on for a couple of weeks before announcing anything. Octopus say - We haven't yet made decisions on our prices - we are working on our plans and expect to announce changes in the next 10 days.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Bulb emailed me a week or two ago detailing exactly what the new prices would be.

They calculate my bill on the 3rd of the month and have used the new rates to calculate my costs for the first couple of days this month based on their estimations of how much energy I've used in the first couple of days.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bulb emailed me a week or two ago detailing exactly what the new prices would be.

They calculate my bill on the 3rd of the month and have used the new rates to calculate my costs for the first couple of days this month based on their estimations of how much energy I've used in the first couple of days.
Interesting. How close to the cap are the new rates?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pretty good.
For comparison:

Gas: 9.818p/kwh - 27.128p/day
Cap : 10.3 ........... 28

Elec: 33.387p/kwh - 37.082p/day
Cap: 34 ............... 46

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We're with Bulb, our numbers are....

Electricity

Day - 38.72p per kWh
Night - 23.25p per kWh
Standing Charge - 42.77p day

Gas

Unit - 10.30p per kWh
Standing Charge - 28.48p per day

All prices inc. VAT

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We're with Bulb, our numbers are....

Electricity

Day - 38.72p per kWh
Night - 23.25p per kWh
Standing Charge - 42.77p day

Gas

Unit - 10.30p per kWh
Standing Charge - 28.48p per day

All prices inc. VAT

have you got your smart metre sorted? octopus go current rates are 40p day 7.5p night so might knock that down

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
have you got your smart metre sorted? octopus go current rates are 40p day 7.5p night so might knock that down

Smart meter is all up and working, it's the IHD that we don't have any more although that's not really an issue. I'll have a look at Octopus this afternoon, have you looked into Intelligent Octopus, more off peak hours than Go?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Smart meter is all up and working, it's the IHD that we don't have any more although that's not really an issue. I'll have a look at Octopus this afternoon, have you looked into Intelligent Octopus, more off peak hours than Go?

I don't have the correct charger for it (or car) mines not and I'm not changing my charger just to get on it lol

Gofasters 8.25p (when I rise to that) will be fine for us

Battery goes in tomorrow so will just be using the cheap hours most of time

I could possibly just use go at the 7.5p but extra hour for the battery / car etc is useful

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
So it's this month that I believe the first instalment of the £400 rebate kicks-in? Looking forward to seeing £66 back in my account as the full amount was swiftly pocketed a few days ago. :cautious:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So it's this month that I believe the first instalment of the £400 rebate kicks-in? Looking forward to seeing £66 back in my account as the full amount was swiftly pocketed a few days ago. :cautious:
If you are paying by DD the payment will be reduced. If you are paying £100, this month it should be £34.