Elon Musk

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can't stand the bloke, him or his products.

I get you don't like him. But his products? Arguably the Tesla car is one of the most cutting edge cars securing a more sustainable future for the automobile industry. He/the company often leaves patents open for their own competitors to utilize the technology as it has a society 'greater good' reason.

I don't know him, so am meh. But Tesla is a fascinating cutting-edge company that cannot in my opinion be knocked.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A million seconds equals about 12 days
A billion seconds equals about 33 years..
Now think of those numbers in terms of £ or $......
So let me get this straight.
If I spent all my assets including house, pension, savings ( :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) etc at £1 per second, I would be broke ~ a week. What he paid for Twitter would equate to 1452 years at that rate.
I know my place...

Maybe I should use Twitter. Would that help :unsure:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I get you don't like him. But his products? Arguably the Tesla car is one of the most cutting edge cars securing a more sustainable future for the automobile industry. He/the company often leaves patents open for their own competitors to utilize the technology as it has a society 'greater good' reason.

I don't know him, so am meh. But Tesla is a fascinating cutting-edge company that cannot in my opinion be knocked.
I get your point on Tesla, however I think they are horrible and soulless and I don’t like how they are so dependant on China.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
I think it's a test of freedom of speech.
While there is no such thing in most countries, because you can't just say what you like, in the US it might be different.

First Amendment says that "Congress shall make no law... abridging freedom of speech."

But that right also means it may not be absolute.
"The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that the government sometimes may be allowed to limit speech. Historically, a fundamental distinction arose between the content of speech and the means whereby that speech is expressed."

What if Twitter becomes a platform for political and religious extremes?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Fanboi alert...

From a fan following perspective, he is a cult. In that sense Elon is no different to Trump, Farag, Erdogan, Boris etc. They have a religious following and can be seen as doing the right thing irrespective of what the other half think of it. They are all marmite.
Their followers will buy whatever they are selling - 'saving the world', 'save America', 'leave x' etc. Elon is no different. He was goody-two-shoes, but the Twitter saga showed the dark side of his followers when they turned on Twitter's legal head Vijaya after he tweeted about her. The line between being a fan and fanaticism can be very thin.

On his latest vanity project about buying Twitter. As a TSLA shareholder, i think it is dangerous one since it may distract him with his usual twitter fights with people. Bill Gates being the latest. I hope he quickly gets Jack back in the seat and focuses on Tesla & SpaceX. It also puts a lot of Elon's shares as margin and I dont want him to sell it. My pension depends on him.

Having said all that, you cannot kick the products he is making and how it is reshaping industries. Tesla is a fantastic product and is absolutely kicking the auto industry into shape . But even better than Tesla, is SpaceX. Absolutely brilliant in how it is transforming space travel. I highly recommend watching two SpaceX docudramas on Netflix about Inspiration and Edge of Space. Will change your perspective on Space travel and what Elon has done with it. Also his recent Ted talk is brilliant >>