Elon Musk

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fanboi alert...

From a fan following perspective, he is a cult. In that sense Elon is no different to Trump, Farag, Erdogan, Boris etc. They have a religious following and can be seen as doing the right thing irrespective of what the other half think of it. They are all marmite.
Their followers will buy whatever they are selling - 'saving the world', 'save America', 'leave x' etc. Elon is no different. He was goody-two-shoes, but the Twitter saga showed the dark side of his followers when they turned on Twitter's legal head Vijaya after he tweeted about her. The line between being a fan and fanaticism can be very thin.

On his latest vanity project about buying Twitter. As a TSLA shareholder, i think it is dangerous one since it may distract him with his usual twitter fights with people. Bill Gates being the latest. I hope he quickly gets Jack back in the seat and focuses on Tesla & SpaceX. It also puts a lot of Elon's shares as margin and I dont want him to sell it. My pension depends on him.

Having said all that, you cannot kick the products he is making and how it is reshaping industries. Tesla is a fantastic product and is absolutely kicking the auto industry into shape . But even better than Tesla, is SpaceX. Absolutely brilliant in how it is transforming space travel. I highly recommend watching two SpaceX docudramas on Netflix about Inspiration and Edge of Space. Will change your perspective on Space travel and what Elon has done with it. Also his recent Ted talk is brilliant >>

It is remarkable what he has done for cars because he has pushed normal car makers to develope their own models to keep up and also he lets them use his patents for some of the tech aswell.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Part of his idea was to make every user require verification, people tend to be less offensive/abrasive/hateful (tick as appropriate) when their true identity is on show. Recruitment folk, bosses, family members etc all seeing what is being posted.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'll set Musk the challenge of building a time machine because I want to see the future and would like a day trip to Victorian England.
The only slight snag is that time may not exist at all.

Time May Not Exist at All, According to Physics (sciencealert.com)

What we think is time is just a series of events with causes we come across.

interesting.. have put it on my lunch time reading list today.
first reaction... it sounds logical, but when you depict a series of non-coinciding events on an axis --> the axis will be called 'time' (in theory you could call it anything). Same way as distance is a gap between two non-overlapping objects either linearly (x axis) or height (y-axis)

Will read it and come back

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If he had changed his mind and not bought Twitter, he could have given EVERYBODY in America $1m and still had change

Did he not already pay about $10b in tax last year. While it made him the highest taxed individual in history, I am assuming those 10b could be easily distributed to every American and still have change. So did the IRS do that? Imagine if someone in the UK paid that kind of taxes. The chancellor would be camping outside his house.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
If he had changed his mind and not bought Twitter, he could have given EVERYBODY in America $1m and still had change
Only if he'd borrowed about 65Billion!
Musk Net Worth about $US265Billion....US Population about 330Million

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Surely if a billion is one thousand million, then if he borrowed 65 billion he could only give every American USD1,000?
I was using the same scale as BobMac ('old' Billion = Million Million). That's where any fault lies.
I agree though. Oh and America is a bit bigger than just US too! ;)