Elon Musk

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I think he will be remembered in the same way as the great Victorian engineers. He is revolutionizing the car industry, space, anything he is involved in. He is a radical thinker with bottomless pockets, a very interesting combination.

There are times when his brain and his mouth don't engage together but overall he is a positive influence. We need people like him in the world.

I don't know a lot about him. Except he's rich and what's written above, which may or may not be exactly accurate, but if what I think he supposedly did is true, I think I'd quite like the chap.
Apparently he has had launched into space, a flashy American convertible car in which is sat a mannequin of a man. The driver.
This car has not been put into orbit but is off into space a la Voyager style.
So, likely that it will go on and on for maybe millions of years ending up god knows where. If there are intelligent aliens (I believe there are), can you imagine them seeing this 'thing'.
A guy with a sense of humour like that, you gotta like!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't know a lot about him. Except he's rich and what's written above, which may or may not be exactly accurate, but if what I think he supposedly did is true, I think I'd quite like the chap.
Apparently he has had launched into space, a flashy American convertible car in which is sat a mannequin of a man. The driver.
This car has not been put into orbit but is off into space a la Voyager style.
So, likely that it will go on and on for maybe millions of years ending up god knows where. If there are intelligent aliens (I believe there are), can you imagine them seeing this 'thing'.
A guy with a sense of humour like that, you gotta like!
Yes, he sent a Tesla up into space. Great marketing. He is like a kid with endless ideas and huge pockets. There are times when he needs reigning in but we need people like that rather than accountants or computer geeks running everything.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Yes, he sent a Tesla up into space. Great marketing. He is like a kid with endless ideas and huge pockets. There are times when he needs reigning in but we need people like that rather than accountants or computer geeks running everything.

Yes, wonder if he put a sticker on it "Reward if found. Ring this number......"!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I mentioned Elon Musk to a mate at the weekend, he went into this long winded rant “super rich father” “ bought Tesla but has nothing to do with development” “leaches money off the poor and hoards wealth”
Was taken aback ?

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
How did Bill Gates became super rich?
Bought DOS operating system, changed its name to MS DOS and the A drive to the C drive, and the rest is history (hate that expression).
So mean he got his employees to sit on bean bags as chairs were expensive.
Sacked a percentage of his workers every 6 months, no matter how good, and told them to get a job at Boeing.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just heard MPs inviting Elon to Westminster to answer questions about twitter bid.. why? He isn't English and neither is Twitter ? Why is it any of their business

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Just heard MPs inviting Elon to Westminster to answer questions about twitter bid.. why? He isn't English and neither is Twitter ? Why is it any of their business

Quite.
I'd tell them .No thanks.
Or better still - Ok, if the Chairman of your Committee will attend a Tv show in U.S. Where my lawyers will ask him about his Committee's decisions in last year or so.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Isn't it sensible that they seek his views and ask about his plans? After all, they are looking into use & possible moderation of social media, & he's just taken over one of the biggest players in the game?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Isn't it sensible that they seek his views and ask about his plans? After all, they are looking into use & possible moderation of social media, & he's just taken over one of the biggest players in the game?

indeed sensible... but then would we invite Google, Amazon, TikTok, Facetube too? Also why would he bother. The UK is not even in the Top-5 user base for twitter. What is the Parliament authority over Twitter. I can understand a competition watch dog calling him in - just as what the EU Commissioner has done with Google & Facebook.

I do hope he shows up. It will be comedy gold watching people who have no clue about tech asking about tech & influence. You only have to see some of the cringe worthy videos of Senators grilling Mark Zuckerberg brilliant questioning

https://www.inc.com/minda-zetlin/mark-zuckerberg-congress-hearings-funny-stupid-questions.html

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
“Twitter will always be free for casual users, but maybe a slight cost for commercial/government users,” Mr Musk said in a tweet.
The platform has more than 200 million users worldwide, most of whom are ordinary people. But government departments, large companies and any number of commercially focused accounts from Acrrington Stanley FC to London Zoo also use it...

Watch this one. Didn't Accrington Stanley once go bust for £5K?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
“Twitter will always be free for casual users, but maybe a slight cost for commercial/government users,” Mr Musk said in a tweet.
The platform has more than 200 million users worldwide, most of whom are ordinary people. But government departments, large companies and any number of commercially focused accounts from Acrrington Stanley FC to London Zoo also use it...
Accrington Stanley? Who are they?;)

D

Deleted member 15344

😂 well since he bought Twitter it’s lurched from one issue to the next

Right now it’s down for many because of some data issues he has applied limits - of course if you pay for a “blue tick” your limit is higher 😂😂

Bit of a PR nightmare for him at the moment

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Musk is off to Mars soon to open a hotel.
Cost $5 million per night.
No wonder he wants to make Twitter a success.

PS. He has stated he wants to go there and even die on Mars.
The hotel bit is not quite true, yet.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Funny thing is, I don't spend a single second of any day thinking about Musk, Twitter or anything referring to itself as an influencer.

No wonder I'm pretty chilled out and fill my day with stuff of my choosing!😁😁
does it not worry you that you are now limited to viewing only 1000 tweets a day!!!.... This is social (media) injustice