Edinburgh trams part two.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Memories of Holyrood?
What a waste of time and money. There is already an express bus link from the airport using priority bus lanes, a terrific bus service from the Maybury and Leith to the city centre, and a rail link from the Gyle. Why is this tram service needed? :D

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agreed.

We had a contractor up at our office which overlooksAtholl Place the other day to take photos of the "work" going on (12 guys standing around looking down holes). Apparently his guys had just taken over from Belsinger Berger who had relaid Shandwick Place over Xmas without having done the work they were meant to. So it's all coming up again. It'll be closed for anything up to 18 months.

It would be cheaper to buy everyone in Edinburgh a Jet Pack. I work it out at £908 per resident IF it stays at £545,000,000 which it won't.

No faith in TIE, Edinburgh Council or anyone involved in this sorry affair, including the workies who are quite frankly taking the piss getting paid £40 an hour to brush dust along the road. Joke. These Council idiots are meant to be in charge of our money. Maybe they should get jobs in banking instead.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why do the folk who approve these plans get away with it and who are they accountable to?
I haven't heard of anybody who is in favour of this project. Like the Scottish Parliment we just lie down, roll over and let them get away with it. How much disruption has there been in Edinburgh over the past few years and how much business has been lost through it. I haven't been near Edinburgh in the past two years becase of it preferring to travel to Glasgow to do my shopping.

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
is shandwick place really going to be dug up again???

that's shocking. the whole of edinburgh is a mess at the moment. even outwith the tram works you can't drive anywhere without going round a corner to find yet more road works.

I actually had a discussion with some of the workers digging up constitution street for the tram works and they said that they'll keep finding reasons to keep digging up the same road just to keep all the workers in a job! I believe him. The road outside our work has been dug up 6 times in the last 2 years.

Think about it, where is this vast army or workers going to go once the job is complete?

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
They'll have a job Bob Dundee's already like Beriut with building work. Was at the Sick Kids Hospital in Edinboro last year and the nurse was complaining how much its ruined the look of Edinburgh as a city, she is totally correct as Edinburgh is a lovely place ,sadly now ruined and run by idiots.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Nothing should suprise anyone...I mean who the hell decided it a good idea to put a rail link to the Borders yet they think it a bad idea to put a rail link to Glasgow Airport....utter madness!!

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Guys

Shandwick Place was ALWAYS going to be dug up again. They only moved the utilities the last time, the track has still to be laid. Why the could not do both at the same time (as in Prince's Street) I have no idea.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Left hand "What's going on?"
Right hand "I dunno, thought you knew"
Left hand "Not me, you're in charge"
Right hand "No I'm not, you are"

Left hand "Fancy lunch on the tax payer?"
Right hand "Dam right, it's been a tough morning.
:mad:

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Just to confirm the above....I've got a good seiko watch to pick up in Edinburgh and I just dont want to go there.

Okay troops I'll now hold this topic over for another....say....three years plus another 500 million squid.

That sounds about right.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
All I can say is I'm glad I'm not an Edinburgh Council Tax payer as they are the ones picking up the tab, not the Scottish Government.