Ebay Grips

Visit site
I've read elsewhere on this forum about Adore Grips on EBay but keep seeing lots of bundle deals on grips form other sellers. Are these cheaper bundles any good? i.e. Old stock, seconds, clearance etc. or are they out and out fakes to be avoided?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The ones from China are typically fakes, to be fair in the "about this item" section they generally say "unbranded" or "champkey". That said, they still may be an okay deal and just need changing more often.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve seen loads of what appear to be genuine grips for very cheap prices on eBay. Have a look at the seller and their location / seller details. Usually you will see the sellers details showing they are based in China and I would avoid them as they are likely to be the fake ones.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Sometimes the seller is listed in the UK, but when they send, they are despatched from China. It's not always clear cut and obvious. As posted in another thread yesterday, I've purchased cheap from ebay and wound up with what I am sure were fakes. I still used them and they lasted more than a season, but I wouldn't knowingly buy fakes.

Last edited:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I quite often buy from Gamola or Adore, either through their website direct or on ebay. There are also other reputable dealers on ebay but you do have to be careful. I usually buy the complete set and often I've got a range that is now discontinued and got some good deals. For me, it's about confidence. The grip is the connection between you and the club so you need to feel confident in it. There are a lot of fakes on ebay for sure.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Lots of fake Golf Pride still on eBay, this was something they were going to clamp down on years ago, but they don't care as long as they get their percentage. It's the fancy expensive grips that are copied, lots of listings for a full set of MCC Plus 4 for around £30 which you can be sure are all fake as its a quarter of the price of a legitimate seller. They don't seem to bother copying the normal tour velvet's etc. Thing is at least at that price you know you are buying fakes, it's when they are cheap but not that far from normal price you don't know if it's cheap genuine grips or expensive fakes, if in doubt just buy from a known genuine source. Lamkin Crossline seem one of the best offers, £45 for full set of 13 from a genuine seller, less than £3.50 per grip.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you are looking for 'no name' branded and occasional branded clearance I can recommend JLgolf on ebay.

They sometimes have say 'Srixon' branded Tour velvets for example.

The Fader

Visit site
I would recommend these - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-set-of-13-Mens-Standard-Golf-Grips-Various-Colours-FREE-Fitting-Instructions/263342655189?

Had them on my clubs just coming up 2 years and about to regrip with the same. Colours are a bit unusual but doesn't bother me.

Whilst not a range rat - I do play at least 4 times a week and they have retained a good feel. They are fractionally shorter than a standard grip.

Fantastic value at £1 / grip especially as I regrip my own clubs!!

(I have no affilliation to the seller)

Visit site
Thanks for all the info guys, it's food for thought. I've still got a fair bit of testing each set of clubs before I actually decide on which ones to spruce up.

Could do both sets in the end going really budget on the set I'm not so keen on.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
+1 for Adore Grips ... genuine and quickly delivered.

i bought my current set from Adore a few weeks back. I was after some new mid-size mcc in the just released Golf Pride Teams in a particular colour. Emailed them, they got straight back to me with info and prices. Then next day contacted me to say the rep had just been in and by chance had some on him. They were ready and waiting if I wanted them. Had them two days later.