Jumbomax grips

Mandofred

Visit site
Bit of a review. I have small hands (small gloves) and switched to mid-size grips a few months ago.....loved them. They felt great as soon as I put them on. Unfortunately, I like to experiment. Put Jumbomax x-small on a couple of weeks ago, first on 2 clubs and now on all of them. When I switched to mid-size it was immediate liking, with these.....they are different. Wasn't sure I liked them or not. After playing a few times now I think they are going to stay on. I hit several drives yesterday that were just plain further than I usually go. It is a bit early, but I think my misses left and right are less as well. I tend to fade the ball (which I hate....a lot), on those swings I think the fade is less. When I can actually get myself to focus long enough to hit through the ball I'm not fading at all. I've read that the larger grips tend to leave the ball further out to the right (right handed).....I'm not seeing that. I think my grip pressure is a little less.....might be helping....I don't know.

They aren't cheap at £12+ each. I've seen a comment online that they may not last a long time as well. So far.....a good experiment with a positive outcome.

Mandofred

Visit site
I can see how you can get bigger grips, but x-small? Is it just that the rubber is thinner? If so, I can see how they might not last long.
x-small jumbomax are a fair bit bigger than mid-size grips. You can then go bigger if you want. One of the guys I'm playing with bought a jumbomax larger grip for his chipper. The rubber is plenty thick, that's why they are bigger.....the question is whether the rubber will hold up to use as well as regular rubber grips. I don't know how they make them (more air particles mixed in???), but they are the same weight as smaller regular grips.