eBay grips

FAB90

Visit site
What sort of quality are grips off eBay? Not ones that's claim to be genuine more expensive grips that are clearly fakes but unbranded or less none brands? Looking to replace a set of grips on a set of clubs I got for free but probably only keeping them for a year or so before upgrading so don't won't to spend loads on them?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I regripped all my irons with fake grips. (unknown at the time). 18 months later they are still fine

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I always buy my grips off ebay.

There are some good sellers which sell little known or unbranded grips which I find as good as the top brands are fraction of the cost

one of my favourite sellers is jlgofltd they also sell branded make clearance.

My current grips are standard velvet grips (unbranded) which cost around 80p each which came for another seller. If they only last one season that is an excellent price.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I never pay full price for my grips but buy last years models from reputable sellers.
I picked up 13 x Champ C8 golf grips for £35.10 (£2.70 each). A great price for quality grips.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I always buy my grips off ebay.

There are some good sellers which sell little known or unbranded grips which I find as good as the top brands are fraction of the cost

one of my favourite sellers is jlgofltd they also sell branded make clearance.
Don't expect any response if you have any issues with your purchase from them afterwards.
Having had an issue, they never replied to emails, messages left on the answer machine or answered their phone.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't expect any response if you have any issues with your purchase from them afterwards.
Having had an issue, they never replied to emails, messages left on the answer machine or answered their phone.

Never had a problem. I tend to ask questions first rather than afterwards.

One other seller sold me the wrong boresize and refunded me 50% of original purchase price (by agreement).

User20204

Visit site
Anyone that pays £10-£12 a grip = £140 a set is mad. I bought grips and tape from the bay of flees for less than £30 and they are perfectly fine.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I always buy grips from eBay. Even if they end up being fakes (not always easy to tell) but they last a season, I’m ok with that. Last year I bought Golf Pride Multi-compound grips (11 for £35), sure they were fake but they were fine. This year I’ve bought Golf Pride DD2 grips (old stock) at £2.50 a grip.

I’m not advocating buying fake grips intentionally, but given the cos of grips, and the fact that they generally only last me a season, I will look to be as cost effective as possible. If the listing states genuine, and is not based in China, I’ll take a chance on them being genuine.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For what I need out of them eBay sounds like it might be the best option just didn't want to get them then a week later they fall apart.
I have had eBay grips and they have been fine.
But I can tell the real thing.
As long as you know it’s ok
Adore grips are the real deal but go to their website it’s cheaper than eBay for the same grips .