Easy Jet

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Easy Jet, not a proper review, as I can't comment on their flying.

Left work yesterday to drive to Stanstead to catch a plane to Munich for the weekend. Thought it might be nice to visit my sister before Christmas, do a few xmas markets, and generally have a few beers and a laugh. Plane was due to take off at 18.05, so we booked a night at the airport hotel rather than drag my sis out to pick us up late.

Checked on the inter web before leaving to make sure all was on time, and that the snow hadn't caused any problems. Nope, every thing fine. Got to check in. All on schedule. Checked in.

Got through security. 15 minutes. Looked at the screen, flight now showing a 2 hour delay. What, they didn't know this 15 minutes ago? This is not unusual for easy jet though, as their later planes are always late., so we pop into the bar for a meal and a couple of stellas.

Come back out, check screen, two hour delay, so still on for 20.05. Have a wander round the shops, come back, look at screen, and the flight has disappeared. Hmm. Go to information desk, no one there. Ask security man by entrance, and he says flight is cancelled, and we need to go back out to the main desk. Great. No announcement, no warning, nothing on the screen. Communication 0 out of 10.

So he leads those travellers he can find back out the staff way, to the main concourse. No one at the easy jet desk. Great. They have all gone home. After half an hour, some one from BAA turns up, and says our baggage is back in the baggage hall that we have just been lead through to get out. So shoes off, belts off, lap top back out and back through security to get our bags. Planning 0 out of 10.

Oddly, security is tighter to get back into the baggage hall than it was to get on a plane. That makes me feel safe.

Back to the easy jet desk, where a non uniformed lady has turned up. She knows nothing. Absolutely nothing. She is handing out a flyer stating a contact phone number to get a refund. The sort of phone number where they charge you a fortune to phone up. All she can say is that the flight will not be rescheduled, that it is cancelled for operational reasons not affected by the weather, all their flights on Saturday are fully booked, including the Gatwick ones, and there is no local hotel availability for any one who can't just go home. Customer service, 0 out of 10.

So I bet they won't pay for the non refundable hotel room we had booked in Munich, and I bet they won't refund the cost of the premium rate phone call to get a refund, or the diesel to get to Stanstead and back, or the £9 parking.

Over all rating 0 out of 10.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
What a bloody nightmare Murph!!

That is awful,poor of sleazyjet to leave you buggered.Real shame as Munich is a great city,one of my favourites apart from the smell of bloody sausages that gets up your nostrils at every turn! ;)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I love Munich, and go there every year. Just not this one. The guys I feel for were the ones who were dropped at the airport by taxi on their way home to Munich, and have no money, no way of getting there, and nowhere to stay (and there were some in the queue saying just this). For me, annoying, but at least I could go home.

DCB

Visit site
Classic example of the piss poor customer service that we have learned to accept (sorry, have to put up with) in relation to budget air travel.

Last time I flew with this crowd I was almost stuck at East Mids airport on a Friday night trying to get back to Embra. When the aircraft did turn up it managed to get one of the last flight slots off the ground before the flight operations stopped for the night.

Never used them since for reasons very similar to those you have described Murph.

Sorry to hear it's messed up your family arrangements though.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not much consolation but just heard from my sister. She was due to fly from Newcastle via London to Goa with BA. Arrived at Newcastle to find connecting flight cancelled so no chance of making connections. They were put up in local hotel and flew down first thing this morning to find out BA had reorganised everything through Emirates and they will be flying with them all the way in business class !! :cool: :cool:Jammy or what.

As for Easyjet can only concur with earlier sentiments.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Its another shoddy showing for a company that has regularly faile dto deliver on serives and customer care. Even its performance in front of the camera in Airline showed it to be an uncohesive, unbalanced business unit without the investment to make it the success it could be.

I've flown with them on a number of occasions and I have to see apart from one 35 minute delay never had any problems. Personally and speaking to people who use them more often than me that is a case of more luck than anything else. Reading the reports of the Eurostar problems do you think Stelios Fatbloke has sold his business model on or joined their operations team

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Sounds like a nightmare, we usually fly with Jet2 from Leeds as its only a few miles from our house and a taxi is only a tenner. We did fly once with Ryanair and said never again as they ripped us off on the scales and charged us £28 for excess weight though on the way back we where under by a kilo!!!

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have watched the Easyjet (airline) programme on repeat more times than I or my missus care to mention.One thing that is a constant on the programme is that whilst Easyjet do have good staff that do try hard to help they are constantly let down by very bad costumer unfriendly policy from behind the scenes management. The experience you had seems the norm.It didn't show them in a good light at all. I simply cannot understand how they could possibly be a reliable company to use. I do not think I could ever see myself flying or not in your case Easyjet.Good luck with a refund although I suspect you will have a long delay waiting for it.

Yerman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Flew with easyjet recently for the first time. I couldn't believe the don't allocate seats but have and cattle stampede to get the best seats!
I hate the budget cowboys, but sometimes they are the only outfit going to where you want to go. :(
....and don't get me started on the way Liverpool airport are milking the new security requirements. :mad: :(