East Sussex National Mini Meet

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I have been checking the website. I haven't been there in years, but it looks like in that period they have massively extended the Clubhouse to provide the accommodation. If I can make the date, think I will stay on site...as long as I don't have to sell a kidney!
Having grown up at the opposite end of Uckfield high street(!) it's easily one of the best hotels in the area. It's often used as the "away team hotel" for visiting PL teams playing at the Amex.

Priced to match, of course!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’d like to join, be warned I used to arrange an away day with a group from the club and it used to be about 150 based on two sharing for two rounds, an overnight stay with evening meal and breakfast. But... every year one loop had received coring on the greens with no warning prior to arrival.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’d like to join, be warned I used to arrange an away day with a group from the club and it used to be about 150 based on two sharing for two rounds, an overnight stay with evening meal and breakfast. But... every year one loop had received coring on the greens with no warning prior to arrival.
Thanks Oddsocks. Appreciated.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Evening. So here is what I’ve been told

Day One
Tea, Coffee and Bacon Rolls
18 Holes on the West Course
1 Course Meal post golf
£68.00 per person

Anyone wishing to stay overnight at ESN and play golf on the East course the next day is as follows:

Day Two
Overnight accommodation in a Classic Room (Double Occupancy)

Full English and Continental Breakfast
18 Holes on the East Course
Lunch in the Bar after the round of golf

Available at £169.00 per person based on two people sharing. (single occupancy additional £60.00 per person.)

If people want to stay elsewhere ESN have confirmed that the Day Two Golf Only package at the same price of £68.00 per person for the following:

Tea, Coffee and Bacon Rolls
18 Holes of golf on the East Course
1 Course Meal post golf

We can upgrade to a Full English Breakfast for additional £6.00 per person.

So basically it’s £68 to play for a day on either course with welcome food, and a meal. Or £136 for both courses plus any accommodation.

Personally, if people just wanted to do one day I would recommend the West - it’s harder, more picturesque and has some cracking holes.

I am thinking mid week in June 2021.

I’d do two separate comps if people were up for it.

Let me know thoughts.

Nick

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
No dates on there yet, but subject to no clashes, I would play both days, would sort out my own accommodation either on site or elsewhere. I’d need to stay 2 nights unless it’s an afternoon tee on first day as driving from South Wales.

Regardless, happy to go with the flow!

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Count me in for both days. Don't need a room though so golf only please.

Edit: +1 for my dad too, if poss! Same as me - golf only.

Last edited:

Grizzly

Visit site
If the dates work - its my birthday mid month and the Mrs has a plan, I'm told - then I'd be up for two nights and a single.

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
Played with my cricket club GS in September. Great hotel, well set -up for golf societies although pricey drinks & slow service (maybe to do with post-Lockdown staff shortages due to Furlough).

Pick & place on all fairways (despite having been virtually unused during the summer). Haven't recovered from the drought in 2018, despite constant over seeding.

I'd be up for it, dependent on dates. Cheers Nick! (y)

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry, but I will have to pull out of this due to other golf commitments in the middle of June. A weekend at China Fleet with a boat load of ex navy chaps. What could possibly go wrong?