East Renfrewshire or Whitecraigs

The Hound

Visit site
Hi folks, new to the forum. I'm looking to join a club this year and wondered if anyone had any views on East Renfrewshire vs Whitecraigs.

East Renfrewshire would probably be my 1st choice (love the course) but Whitecraigs seems to have a great setup for kids (got two boys 8 and 10) who are into their golf so it would be handy for us all to play at the same course.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
East REN for me really great golf course.
But your not going to look good in the boys eyes if you leave them home when you play.
Ask the boys what they want !
If they pick ER , you can blame them then.;).

The Hound

Visit site
This is confirming my view so far. You effectively get your joining fee back at East Ren too if you stay for 4 years, whereas Whitecraigs has a JF of £1400. Anyone know how the setup is for kids at ER?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is confirming my view so far. You effectively get your joining fee back at East Ren too if you stay for 4 years, whereas Whitecraigs has a JF of £1400. Anyone know how the setup is for kids at ER?
Sure there’s a member on here .
It should be on their website though.
Nice to see the lads playing, mine was a good player but packed in to play cricket.

The Hound

Visit site
Sure there’s a member on here .
It should be on their website though.
Nice to see the lads playing, mine was a good player but packed in to play cricket.
That's a shame your lads given up. Maybe he'll come back to it. The website doesn't say much about juniors, I'll maybe speak to the pro. It does say they are free to age 17 though, which is nice!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I'm a member at East Ren so a little biased. ;)
In terms of a golfing challenge, East Ren is definitely the better. We have a new head greenkeeper, ex of Trump Aberdeen, who is doing great things with the course.
I'll be happy to chat to you more about it and, weather permitting, take you for a round.
I've been a member for about 14 years, didn't know anyone when I joined and found it really friendly.
A good friend of mine is the junior convenor and I'm sure he'd be happy to talk about the options for your lads. He's also on the Golf Monthly Facebook page and so you can get him there as well.
And of course they do have the great deal for children of members.

The Hound

Visit site
I'm a member at East Ren so a little biased. ;)
In terms of a golfing challenge, East Ren is definitely the better. We have a new head greenkeeper, ex of Trump Aberdeen, who is doing great things with the course.
I'll be happy to chat to you more about it and, weather permitting, take you for a round.
I've been a member for about 14 years, didn't know anyone when I joined and found it really friendly.
A good friend of mine is the junior convenor and I'm sure he'd be happy to talk about the options for your lads. He's also on the Golf Monthly Facebook page and so you can get him there as well.
And of course they do have the great deal for children of members.
That sounds great, thanks. I'm really looking forward to being a member of a club again and playing regular golf. It's been about 16 years since my last club!