easingwold GC - Yorkshire

pierreman

Club Champion
Visit site
I was wondering if there are any members of the above club on the forum or anyone who has played at the club who can give me some views on the club and course - good and bad. A few of us are considering leaving our current club and following a brief visit to EGC today it appears to be a front runner.

I dont think any club is perfect but I would appreciate any feedback anyone has.

Thanks

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My neighbour is a member at Easingwold and I played there last in late autumn. It has a few dull holes, but otherwise is a very pretty course and a good round. Some of the greens are quite small I seem to recall but a friendly clubhouse, reasonable practice facilities and well-maintained course make ita good choice.

I was also looking around on the clubs, but in the end have decided to stay where I am. Out of interest, where are you currently at and why the move?

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I cant help I'm afraid, other than saying a very close friend of mine was a member of Stockton on the Forest, and left to join Fulford.

Having played Fulford, thats what I'd do if I lived anywhere near York.
Its beautiful. Worth every penny of whatever they charge, which was always less than my own club :-/

pierreman

Club Champion
Visit site
Toonarmy

At the moment i am a member of the Forest of Galtres. Not great, no invesment, course closed a lot and no thought goes into helping or running the club for the members and the future. Figure for the £80 or so more would be worthwhile going somewhere else.

Where do you play at the moment?

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Pierreman,

I looked at Galtres this time but as they are only £40 cheaper, it wasn't worth it. The course is OK but a bit bland in places and I know of serious discontent in the Ladies' section.

I'm at Forest Park, which I believe to be a better challenge than Galtres and has the bonus of an 18 and a 9 hole layout. Our practice facilities should be improved, but we're nearly always open and playable and it's a friendly enough place. I'm sure you must have played it but if not, get yourself down there.

pierreman

Club Champion
Visit site
Toonarmy

I have not played it before and may suggest the boys and myself take a look or just go for a round. Thanks for the tip!

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If you ever want a guide for the round, give me a nudge and if diaries are compatible, I'll gladly host you and your mates (i'll be able to sign 3 of you in at a discounted rate).

That said, if you contact Mark Winterburn (the pro) and indicate you are thinking of joining, you may even get yourself a free round.

Anyhoo, if you want to chat any more about this it's probably best we do it through PMs rather than us continuing to bore everyone else on here!