DST compressor

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a lesson yesterday and the pro got me using one of these.

First thought was what the hell was this !

But must admit it certainly did the trick.
Has anyone else used this and is it worth buying one to use at practice ?

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have one. They are very good for demonstrating how far ahead of the ball your hands need to be at impact and for promoting rotation, because if you don’t rotate with a Compressor the ball is just going to flip off to the right. It also shows you what a good shot looks and feels like when the ball is properly compressed.
You see - or certainly used to see -quite a few tour pro’s using them in warm up.
There are some good videos on the website which explain it better than I can.
For me, I like the way it works on the principle of setting an impact position at set up and then simply returning to it at impact. I found just doing that with a normal iron improved the strike quality. That said, most of my issues revolved around set up in regard to ball position so like any training aid, it can’t cure everything.
Like anything you have to use it properly and of course actually use it to get the benefit. I can’t say I use mine daily but I do revert to it from time to time to refresh and particularly when I am not hitting my irons too well. Maybe I should use it more.
I guess it depends on your issues with irons as to whether it’s worth the purchase. If you suffer from flipping, not taking a divot after the ball, poor strike quality, too high ball flight, need a more penetrative ball flight or even need to learn just how far forward your hands need to be at impact, it should work for you. I am glad I bought mine.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is, or was an 8 iron version in the For Sale section of the forum. The thread was started on October 30 so don’t know if it’s still available or not.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have had one for several years and use it periodically, I tended to use it more as a warm up club to ensure everything was in sync and I was able to return to a good impact position and clearing a turning properly. It's quite frustrating initially and you can look a fool at the range as the ball can definitely go in some random directions if you get it wrong. However get it right and it you can feel the difference. It can't cure all issues but its definitely a training aid I've gone back to over and over

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have had one for several years and use it periodically, I tended to use it more as a warm up club to ensure everything was in sync and I was able to return to a good impact position and clearing a turning properly. It's quite frustrating initially and you can look a fool at the range as the ball can definitely go in some random directions if you get it wrong. However get it right and it you can feel the difference. It can't cure all issues but its definitely a training aid I've gone back to over and over

Would make good viewing for your channel if you could show us it in action.

I got a lend of Bluewolf's a few years ago and enjoyed using it. tempted to get one myself.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Would make good viewing for your channel if you could show us it in action.

I got a lend of Bluewolf's a few years ago and enjoyed using it. tempted to get one myself.
Funny enough I'm planning to do a video on this but hard now its dark after work and don't really want to do it on a range. Need to find a slot at the weekend and when the wind and rain aren't around.