Dry courses NW - tomorrow

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking to book a 4 ball early doors tomorrow

Currently a nomad so cant just rock up anywhere. Looking for a course that holds up well to the rain.

Thinking Whitefield but have no idea if it will be a bog?

Any help much appreciated

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just got back from Fairhaven and it was very playable, despite the biblical downpour we've had over the last few days. TBH, considering how much rain we've had then I think your only options will be Links courses. Fleetwood is cheap. Wallasey is superb. Maybe even S&A, which is a fantastic course.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just got back from Fairhaven and it was very playable, despite the biblical downpour we've had over the last few days. TBH, considering how much rain we've had then I think your only options will be Links courses. Fleetwood is cheap. Wallasey is superb. Maybe even S&A, which is a fantastic course.

Cheers Danny

will take a look

crap being a nomad scrambling around...

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tell me about it. I'm just a house member this year.

Are you going to be joining somewhere next year? Arley is just up the road from you 😇

Was thinking about Arley. the 14th green is about 500 yards (or a forum drive) away from my pad. Im probably 30 years to young to get entry though..

might do the pay and play option Chorley have on. Hard to get value when you have young sprogs and are busy midweek greasing the corporate wheel

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was thinking about Arley. the 14th green is about 500 yards (or a forum drive) away from my pad. Im probably 30 years to young to get entry though..

might do the pay and play option Chorley have on. Hard to get value when you have young sprogs and are busy midweek greasing the corporate wheel

You wouldn't have any issues getting in at Arley. Dave Whelan doesn't play anymore so all the 60+ year old sycophants have decamped to Gathurst.

I feel your pain about the time constraints. My 2 are just getting old enough to be left at home 👍

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
TBH which course is the least of your worries looking at the weather in the NW tomorrow!!

Sunday looks a better day and maybe more availability at some courses out on the coast(s)? If you can only play tomorrow morning then not much use! Would have to be a links or sand based course (Delamere?)

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ha ha

Soft arses..

Playing Altringham apparently...

One of my mates booked us on. No idea what to expect.

Good opertunity to try out my new macwets

(Before crying off on the 5th when the rain actually starts)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ha ha

Soft arses..

Playing Altringham apparently...

One of my mates booked us on. No idea what to expect.

Good opertunity to try out my new macwets

(Before crying off on the 5th when the rain actually starts)
If forecast is correct you will need more than mac wets
Flippers maybe
But the forecasters have got it wrong lately so never know.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sat on the beach in Cornwall now with 60mph winds and horizontal rain. Shortly to have an Estrella in hand. Closely followed by several more Estrellas and a giant bowl of nachos.
Cheers all

😂

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have just driven home from Birmingham, shocking amount of rain, if any courses round here are open tomorrow I will be very surprised.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sat on the beach in Cornwall now with 60mph winds and horizontal rain. Shortly to have an Estrella in hand. Closely followed by several more Estrellas and a giant bowl of nachos.
Cheers all

😂

I was supposed to head round Manchester yesterday for a bit of a boys day out

The rain from 3pm onwards was hoffific.

Ended up having a session round Bolton town centre

Grim times...

Think I was the youngest person out. Was like grab a granddad.

How was the Nachos? Do you have any recollection of eating them? Ha