Dropping in to say hello.

• Thread starter Deleted member 25172
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25172

Hello all,

After staring at Whatsapp for the past 3 hours awaiting any sort of response from my regular golfing buddies about a potential trip to Princes, I decided to try and find a place on this thing called world wide web where you can potentially meet up fellow golfers when your buddies leaves you hanging.

So, Lilyhawk: 35 years young Swede living in North London. Supposed to be in the UK for 3 months, but 3,5 years later, it seems I'm stuck. Could be that my girlfriend is English and that is what is keeping me here.

When it comes to golf, I play from about 14 (no official handicap) and I'm an avid 3-putter. Anyone playing with me are sure to learn a few Swedish words throughout the round. Most of them are not to be used in casual conversations.

If there's anyone around North London who occasionally goes outside the tube line perimeter to play, then get in touch as I'm always (on weekends) up to try out new courses.

Apologies for any typos and/or grammatical errors, I'm not British just yet.

D

Deleted member 25172

Strangers are replying quicker than my buddies in the Whatsapp group.

I feel welcome.

D

Deleted member 25172

Hello again! I live on the High Road and tend to play mainly at Trent Park as I'm not a member anywhere and like to get my rounds in in the mornings. I do play the occasional round at North Middlesex, and have tried out Finchley, Hendon (were I did the "longest day of golf challenge" earlier this summer), and just last week played Mill Hill for the first time.

I take it you live in the area?

D

Deleted member 25172

One of our members, CaptainRon is always looking to expand his vocabulary 😂

Seriously, welcome along, there’s bound to be someone here in your area looking to fix up a game.

And I'm happy to spread the Swedish language to any student who is willing to listen to my ramblings.

Thank you! I have my local posse for the regular games, but as soon as any mention of leaving London for a round is brought up, it's complete radio silence. It seems here that there's plenty of gatherings happening, so I hope to join in on one of these in a not too distant future!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I have a cousin who grew up in London, went to Stockholm 40 years ago after University, met a girl and is still there!!! Londoners are gernerally bad at going outside the M25 as they cant breathe clean air and thnk there is no elecricity and inside toilets!!

The gatherigs on here are excellent... so get your name down on one..

D

Deleted member 25172

I have a cousin who grew up in London, went to Stockholm 40 years ago after University, met a girl and is still there!!! Londoners are gernerally bad at going outside the M25 as they cant breathe clean air and thnk there is no elecricity and inside toilets!!

The gatherigs on here are excellent... so get your name down on one..

Worst thing about this lot though is that they’re Swedish, so they have no excuse! :D

Your cousin sure have to love that woman. The winters in Sweden are far too cold and waaaay too long.

D

Deleted member 25172

Got to learn that for my next game.

(Although I'm usually left, can you oblige please?)

There are other words that are more suitable to express your displeasure with the shot I’ll tell you.

But left is “vänster”. :)