Driving Iron?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My Ping G700 4-iron with the power spec loft was a great iron to use in the Summer instead of the driver. Worth looking at as its very forgiving as well as long. The loft I believe is 18.5 degrees, so equivalent to a 3 or even 2-iron in other ranges.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
My Ping G700 4-iron with the power spec loft was a great iron to use in the Summer instead of the driver. Worth looking at as its very forgiving as well as long. The loft I believe is 18.5 degrees, so equivalent to a 3 or even 2-iron in other ranges.

18.5 degrees!
That's about a 1 1/2 iron in old specs.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought the Titliest T-mb 3 iron. It goes a long, long way, probably 5 wood length at least. Love it so much I then bought the 4 iron but that's caused a bit of consternation. Going from the Titliest T-mb 4 iron to the Titliest AP3 5 iron leaves a big gap between them.

I've since dropped the T-mb 4 iron and put the AP3 4 iron back in, using the T-mb 3 iron just as a driving iron. TBH, I prefer using it to my 3 wood. There's very little difference in distance and although both very accurate, the 3 iron wins.
I’m going to have a look at one of these, my concern is that I’ll like it so much I’ll want a full set......

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies! I don’t know anyone that actually plays a driving iron so it’s reassuring some people do! Will try find one to test out and see if it works for me

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I find the ping crossover very easy to double cross for a massive hook.
Could be the offset.
But when flushed it’s awesome.

The original Crossover did have a tendency to turn over, it was one of the big issues they addressed with the G400 Crossover.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love my MP18 FliHi. I do not know how I have lived without it all these years. Any hole under 380 yards and I am always looking at hitting it because I can pretty much guarantee it will be in the fairway. I dropped my hybrid for it and so glad I did. What I really love about it is the way it gets through the wind and how easy it is to shape on short dogleg holes.